MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 04-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #16
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

5.5 hrs or so. That’s about how far I am from Austin and I’ve driven to Austin and Lockhart multiple times just to eat BBQ.

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #17
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Stop by and visit the Lantons at Holy Smokes BBQ in Dublin GA. Comp team with a food truck. Opening a brick & mortar soon. http://dublinbbq.com

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #18
sickhick
Full Fledged Farker

1086 miles round trip, and I made the trip twice!
From Conroe, TX to Evie Mae's in Wolfforth, TX (Lubbock).
There are so many other trips with more joints and more mileage accumulated, but that's the single farthest A to B trip I've made.

IMG_2215 copy.jpg
Old 04-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #19
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I've never done this. I've been to several but only because I'm there and have time. Usually while driving for work. Being within an hour of Austin, Taylor, Elgin etc and having offices in all those towns has me spoiled.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:21 PM   #20
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Dang, I don't even know where to start. There are been so many trips for BBQ. Just recently, I had a meeting in Houston and I flew in and out of Austin. My supervisor raised an eyebrow when he looked at my flights and I said I needed a BBQ fix. He was ok with that. Honesty is the best policy.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-21-2019, 08:24 AM   #21
ronbrad62

Name/Nickname : Ron

I want to try Scott's in Charleston, and I also have family living there (on the wife's side). My plan is to suggest a road trip to visit while masking my actual plan to eat BBQ
ronbrad62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #22
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

I am a foodie, and especially a Q foodie. However, I haven't gone further than 65 miles for a restaurant yet. I used to live closer to Kansas City, and was going to plan a day trip with my wife for some Q and shopping, but that hasn't panned out yet. I have been 230 miles to judge a BBQ contest for two days in Miami, OK. That was tasty!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #23
TravelingJ
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
I've never done this. I've been to several but only because I'm there and have time. Usually while driving for work.
This is pretty much my story. I've had Q all over the country, but work generally sent me there. I think I drove 2 hours to get some BBQ in PA years ago.
TravelingJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #24
1MoreFord
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

I've driven a long way and eaten BBQ but it wasn't ever the main event. Luling and Lockhart come to mind but we went to San Antonio and only wound up driving from San Antonio to the BBQ on the way back home.

Falcon MK V gaseous grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn w/ vertical - now gone, Char Griller Akorn, Camp Chef PG24SG, Weber 22" OTG w/SNS components
1MoreFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:03 PM   #25
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Just to eat a plate of BBQ and turn around, my longest so far has been 3 hours each way. I've hit most of the Houston places and now stretching into north Austin so now 3 hours will start to become the minimum.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:42 PM   #26
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
Just to eat a plate of BBQ and turn around, my longest so far has been 3 hours each way. I've hit most of the Houston places and now stretching into north Austin so now 3 hours will start to become the minimum.
Might as well come to the Texas Fall Bash...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #27
frognot

Name/Nickname : Charles

Last year I met Gore and we went to Snow's in Lexington (ranked # 1 in Texas for BBQ) then to Louie Mueller's in Taylor (ranked # 3). Here's the thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=258202

The day before I met up with peeps and we went to The Growler Bar in Pflugerville then out to dinner.

That trip was a total of 497 miles and I had a wonderful time and would gladly do it again.

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #28
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryelfFan View Post
Drove from Michigan to North Carolina just for the BBQ. Four days straight of stuffing my gullet full of 'Q.

Pulled/chopped pork is #4 on my list of meats below brisket, ribs (any kind), and sausage. Not sure if I can handle that as the main course. Unless the place has killer Mac and cheese or something.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:02 AM   #29
davidparker
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Dave

@czarbecue. Come on down to the low country! Make it an overnight trip. Eat yourself into a BBQ coma then spend the night at the beach. Wake up and have a big bowl of Shrimp and Grits for the drive home.

To answer your question... I drove 250 miles to Kinston, NC to eat at King's BBQ. However, I grew up eating at King's. So it was as much for nostalgia as the food. But the food did not disappoint.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #30
jimepp
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : jimm

Well, I'm willing to fly the opposite corner of the earth for the newest taste and cooking style of bbq. Although I'm not yet good in cooking, yet I'm willing to start my own business soon, I would love to taste the products of my nearby competitors too. If I can get insights from bbqs far away, then I will have to go.
jimepp is offline   Reply With Quote