MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:01 PM   #16
SouthernSmokeRings
Knows what a fatty is.

I second the hog apple baked beans. I might have to make some for a cookout this weekend now that they have been mentioned.
SouthernSmokeRings is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-24-2019, 12:12 PM   #17
SonnyE
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sonny

I get requests for these for get togethers.
Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans.

But I doctor them to my preferences. Lesser Jalapenos, and I like to add a big squirt of Sage Honey.
But I can make a meal out of a nice big bowl of these beans alone.

And I also use some Black Beans in my pot, and Walmart Diced Jalapenos.
Easy tastes just as good as hard. The Black Beans add some appealing color variation.

Old 04-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #18
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

If you want to keep it simpleish, my mom in law adds this and it disappears at dinners, but no measurements:
Chopped onion
Mustard
Ketchup
Brown sugar
Worchestirshire sauce
Salt and pepper
Cover the top with slices of thin bacon cut into thirds, cook for an hour or two until it thickens

However...

I prefer adding to this as much chopped green pepper as onion, and a few shots of hotsauce

Old 04-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #19
ToOTHroTT
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Bill

+1 for Dutches Wicked Beans. I will doctor mine up a little also but the main recipe is awesome to start with.
ToOTHroTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #20
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Kerry's hog apple baked beans. Hands down! Search it here. Nothing against Wampus beans though.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #21
Chitown_hillbilly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawcalls View Post
Soaking wood and Liquid Smoke in the same recipe... Better be careful there
Chitown_hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #22
Brandon_Lutz
Got Wood.

When I make baked beans on the pit, I usually do so with country style ribs. I put the beans in a pan on the grate below the country style ribs. So on the first rack closer to the fire is my beans. Then on the top rack, I put the country style ribs. As the meat cooks all of the drippings release and fall into the beans adding flavor.

I use this recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans
2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans
1/4 cup melted butter
6 to 8 slices of lightly fried bacon (hold on to about 4 tablespoons of the bacon grease)
2 cups onions, diced and fried lightly in bacon grease
1 cup red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup garlic, minced
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup Steen's Cane Syrup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsps mustard (I use honey mustard)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup green onions

This is recipe that Chef John Folse shared online and I modified a little bit. His cooking instructions are took them at 350 for 30 minutes. However since I don't cook them at 350 on the smoker (I smoke country style ribs at 275), I just go by looks and consistency. When the mixture starts to thicken up to your standard Baked Beans consistency, that is when I pull them off the pit to cool. They are usually done an hour or so before the country style ribs are done.

Last edited by Brandon_Lutz; 04-25-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->