MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-21-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
PaulstheRibList
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : BishopofBBQ
Default Dressing your Brisket Sandwich

I'll confess,

I was slow to offer a Brisket sandwich. We cook Primes and love serving folks some nice Texas style brisket. But the requests for the brisket sandwich were relentless.

So I'm doing a brisket sandwich, 5-6 oz, and all I'm doing is dipping the chunks in the au jus and putting it on the bun.

I love simple, but if the au jus is not so plentiful, that bread can make things dry.

What are ya'll happy to put on a brisket sandwich?

Thanks!
paul
> Huge Insulated Cabinet #WhoDat1
> Pitmaker.com Grillmeister, 24"x48" Charcoal Grill
> Jambo Backyard Stickburner
> Pitmaker.com Vault Insulated Vertical Reverse Flow Smoker
@BishopofBBQ
PaulstheRibList is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2019, 07:45 PM   #2
InThePitBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bob

I keep plenty of Minor's beef base concentrate on hand, it's perfect for quick au jus.

People LOVE a smoked beef sandwich with a big cup of au jus I use the 6oz styrofoam bowls to serve it in so they can get the whole sandwhich end dipped and we always sell out when I make them.

I've done brisket, sirloins, bottom end cuts and it really doesn't seem to much matter the smile is all the same when they have plenty of dipping room with all the au jus they need to get to the end.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #3
medic92
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I do exactly the same thing with barbecue sauce on the side. There just isn't really any need for anything more.

I had one guy ask for ketchup. I told him we didn't have ketchup (total lie, we have packets for hot dogs for the kids) and it would be a crime to put it on brisket.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #4
CT-Mike
is one Smokin' Farker

Crumbled blue cheese on a brisky sammich is the bomb.

[url]www.facebook.com/goindeepbbq[/url]
CT-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-23-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
armor
is one Smokin' Farker

home made chipotle mayo with a slice of havarti

Risk is the price you pay for opportunity.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!
armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #6
minAL
On the road to being a farker

We serve brisket sandwiches with our left over brisket. We slice it thin and use 4 oz portions. Heavily toasted bun, mayo on bottom ( to keep bottom bun from getting soggy), heat meat on flat top, in plenty of oleo, for seconds only, then onto bun and covered in our sweet bbq sauce. Served with pickle slices and pickled red onion on side. It's one heck of a seller.
minAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #7
Norm
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Private

A 4oz serving is a nice sandwich but I'm curious why sliced thin and using oleo. Sounds like a good way for me to market leftovers.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #8
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin

I’ve got 2 versions depending on my mood: 1) just some onion on White bread2) same white bread and onion, but I add sliced hot links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #9
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

My favorite bbq place gives you the option of pickle and onion. That's all I need, maybe with a touch of sauce?
Old 05-18-2019, 12:38 PM   #10
minAL
On the road to being a farker

but I'm curious why sliced thin and using oleo

We start with cold meat. So slicing thin and using oleo allows us to heat up meat quickly without changing flavor profile. Don't want it to taste reheated. I would use butter but it is 4x the cost of oleo.
minAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:47 AM   #11
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Don't dress it. Work on presentation over everything. Let the the meat and pride in your BBQ do the talking. They can sauce it if they want.

Here's two brisket sandwiches I bought. Both are just plain bread and brisket, no sauce. One puts a ton of effort into presentation. The other could care less. Which one do you want to be?

Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:26 AM   #12
mike243
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

I like a small amount of cole slaw and a little BBQ sauce , a good toasted Texas style toast to put it on. dang now I'm hungry lol