Road Trip - pic heavy

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Always spend the 4th at my brother in laws lake house, let the drum tag along for a little fun in the sun.

Mornings on the lake.

5Qm0z82.jpg

itbOzRS.jpg

pJzbLue.jpg

59Jyy6i.jpg

This is Roux pup retriever in training.

xY8oQNH.jpg

K0nUbuN.jpg

My little setup for the next few days.

VGN1KzQ.jpg

YEqyHoo.jpg

Cooking 3 Spares that I had dressed out into STL's and Tips seasoned with BPS Money and Killer Hogs Hot Rub, 2 needed a little more time.

0edOP0j.jpg

After I pulled the Ribs I put on some DD Ranch Hot Hickory Smoked Sausage, everything cut up and ready to serve.

3P5Bg09.jpg

Forgot to take a plate shot but didn't forget the after dinner Bib & Tucker Bourbon.

SXVyLqz.jpg

Getting ready to enjoy some fireworks.

VHZBqnA.jpg

All the boats heading to the far shore for the festivities.

44v3tMe.jpg

Es3S4sW.jpg

Next morning time to cook breakfast, 3 fatties one plain the other 2 seasoned with Habanero Death Dust aka HDD.

KLBs6OM.jpg

kLt1Pps.jpg

JFx36aF.jpg

E4Qo3RU.jpg

My wife handled the eggs and awesome baked cheddar grits, grits were so good.

m7MFEOr.jpg

After breakfast put on two 5lb chuck roasts seasoned with Q-Salt for dinner.

4QXg2qw.jpg

While the CR's were cooking went over to the neighbors house to checkout his 38 Flathead Ford, my father has a 48.

nTI0L1w.jpg

DqK0v3V.jpg

After 3.5hrs CR's were ready for a little steam bath panned and covered, a couple of miller lites went into the pan as a sacrifice to the bbq gods.

Lc5DPMv.jpg

Couple more hours and they were ready to be pulled, back on the drum to cook down and this is calling them done.

Peo3EiC.jpg

Served with parmesan and garlic taters, green beans and toasted garlic bread.

4TtjV4x.jpg

Last but not least my wife's bread pudding with bourbon sauce.

qMvP27L.jpg

The end.

Thanks for looking.

What a great way to spend the weekend! Looks like a great time Kevin!

No better way to spend time away from home. Everything looked perfect and that truck is flipping awesome! Glad to see you had a great time.

Fantastic! Let the good times roll, brother!

Are those pepperoncini in the pan with the chuck?:clap:

That all looks delicious, but that Pudding, my favorite camping desert

Don't know about a lake house. That looks like a piece of heaven that fell on earth. :shocked:

Wow, now that's how you spend a weekend! The scenery, a cute dog, delicious food and with great company.

You made some great looking food! Wife did too! I too, am a big fan of HDD with sausage for breakfast.

Back