St Louis Pizza on the BGE

I miss St. Louis style pizza...a lot. It's always a must have when I return to St. Louis for a trip.

Can you post a photo of how you have your pizza stone mounted? I elevate my stone in the dome and still cannot get that level of burn on the top without charing the bottom.

Can you post a photo of how you have your pizza stone mounted? I elevate my stone in the dome and still cannot get that level of burn on the top without charing the bottom.

I just lay it right on the rack

Last edited:
Interesting, so you have the plate setter insulating the heat, and put the pizza stone on top of that. Any idea of the temp of the stone when you put the pie on?

Thanks,
Chris

Interesting, so you have the plate setter insulating the heat, and put the pizza stone on top of that. Any idea of the temp of the stone when you put the pie on?

Thanks,
Chris

No, sorry.
But the crust was nice and crisp.

No, sorry.
But the crust was nice and crisp.

It looks great, I have been chasing the perfect pie on and off for the past 10 years. Seems like the bottom always cooks faster than the top for me. Insulating the pizza stone with the plate setter is an interesting idea that I have not tried yet.

Chris

Back