• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tri Tip Fajitas

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Now most people know Fajitas are made from one cut of beef.** The skirt. Everything else is an assist. However- I had a Tri and flat iron to work with. So technically not Fajitas- they are close. Marinate the meat 4 hours- or close. 90 minutes in mesquite pellet smoke at 225*, cranked to 400* to an IT of 135*. Removed and foiled for 15 minutes. 105+ on the patio. Brutal heat.

**according to Culinary Houston article

Last edited:
My fajitas are like yours. Marked down beef, cooked on the kettle, and sliced thin. Into soft tortillas with onions, tomatoes, and green stuff.

Of course, I have only what is produced by Mexicans who have immigrated to Michigan to base things on. And a few Texans.

Looks awesome. I’m available for breakfast, lunch or dinner - your choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Perfect cook Adams, I'm definitely not picky as to what cut my fajitas are made from or what species for that matter.

I've had really good luck with smoking the tri-tips to 135 IT and then putting them on the searing burning of my gasser for 2 minutes a side. Great as a poor man's prime rib or for fajitas.

Never thought of using tri-tip before, thanks for sharing!

Good lookin' eats once again Adams!
Watch out for the hot weather today, heard it's going to be a scorcher!

Sounds like you're enjoying the pellet pooper! Excellent.

I've taken to making my fajitas sous vide, finishing on the grill. I would love be able to get a little mesquite going with it, however.

Good lookin' eats once again Adams!
Watch out for the hot weather today, heard it's going to be a scorcher!

Due to heat forecast Took a 3 mi hike north of town. Was treated to a Solo Cowboy roundup. The way the horse worked,?the Cowboy launching off the still in motion horse to put a few in the trailer, the horse standing perfectly still after dismount- impressive. Every horse Ive been on has either thrown me or I fell.

Should’ve been a cowboy:))

Last edited:
Due to heat forecast Took a 3 mi hike north of town. Was treated to a Solo Cowboy roundup. The way the horse worked,?the Cowboy launching off the still in motion horse to put a few in the trailer, the horse standing perfectly still after dismount- impressive. Every horse Ive been on has either thrown me or I fell.

Should’ve been a cowboy:))

Very nice Adams!! :cool:
Get a good "cow bred" horse and they will do the work for you! :thumb:

My girl's are work horses.... I wouldn't be without one.

Glad you got to observe them this morning! :cool:

g0GhwV3.jpg

Back