HEB Charcoal

• Thread starter barbefunkoramaque
  • Start date
B

barbefunkoramaque

Burns like a Farkin Fuse. 40 lbs, 300 degrees, 1.5 hours. GONE. Just so ya know. Not even worth burning in a pinch.

Soaking it in Albertson's lighter fluid will slow the burn.

LOL Oh my faRKIN CHIT THAT IS FUNNY. dO i JUST throw the coals in there while they are hot?

These briquettes are like pressed half as much as normal ones.

Dang, Funky................................

I thought I taught you better? CHARCOAL?
Man, buy the books, send 'em to school and they eat the covers:!:

Never seen the HEB brand around here, where is it made?

Thanks for the tip bbq funk man.

I don't live in Texas...so how does it compare with other brands? Sounds like a local fuel, so do most folk down there like it?

I don't live in Texas...so how does it compare with other brands? Sounds like a local fuel, so do most folk down there like it?
Only the folks that sell their Webers every fall. HEB usually has decent briskets during the summer holidays. Wierd thing about these places is that you never know what you are going to get. The HEB in Cuero, TX sells Lyfe Tyme pits next to the front door. Try Wally World charcoal, take away the good chunks, then add a smidgeon of foot odor. BAM! You got HEB Briqs.

If only I could have gotten the evidence to burn that fast I might have avoided my last prison sentence...

i believe it's kingsford but i can't remember. i never had a problem w/ it in the past. i wish we had an HEB here. their stuff sure beats walmart junk.:roll:

I have some heb brand lump right now. it is okay. burns really fast for lump. I only got it because they were out of what I normally buy... It says "product of argentina" on the bag. Probably going to relegate the rest of the bag for burgers and hot dogs / assorted sausage tomfoolery.

I've found the briquettes burn really fast as well. like.. really fast. If you are cooking seriously at all you'll just find things become very difficult. I don't really bother with them at all anymore. If I send somebody to the store for some charcoal I generally have to give them VERY specific instructions to avoid it. (though it could be worse... they could come back with match-light... *shudders*).

i believe it's kingsford but i can't remember. i never had a problem w/ it in the past. i wish we had an HEB here. their stuff sure beats walmart junk.:roll:

THIS IS NOT KINGSFORD OR ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looking at it you could see the difference. I cannot tell what its made of but it sucks and they didn't compress it enough.

Burns like a fuse is NOT an endorsement.

THIS IS NOT KINGSFORD OR ANYTHING LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looking at it you could see the difference. I cannot tell what its made of but it sucks and they didn't compress it enough.

They must be hand formed....:cool:

they must have changed it but in texas w/ oak,pecan, & skeet.. why use char??/

i hate to say it & i mean this in the most brotherly manner..
quit bitchin' & burn wood- meat mama said it- i was just channeled as the messenger...:shock:
musta been the red phone...

Back