$1.87/LB Spareribs at HEB

jgh1204

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Texans, fill up those freezers.

Bought 8 racks tonight. Will probably go back for a few more.

Wow. Out here they've been on sale for around $1.39. I bought a 10lb brisket to day at $1.59/lb and to butts at $1.18/lb

These were frozen, but they were a better size than what is usually available at Walmart.

Fresh spareribs are $2.49 and up.

I saw the same ad aggie. going to fill up the freezer tonight....leave a few out for tomorrow.

icemn62 said:
Mista where do you shop?

Brisket has been $1.59/# and Smart & Final for the past three months. They usually have cryo ribs for about $1.79/# also.

I also shop at the local stores. Around me there is a Valu+ that had Butts for $1.18/# this week. They also had some frozen ribs for $.98/# but they didn't look to good.

The Payless Foods on Van Ness and Rosecrans has good sales when you can catch theml Last ribs I got were $1.39/# and they did a St.Louis cut for free. They had a one day sale on Butts for $.49/# but I missed it.

Always check Food 4 Less for fatties. They are usually cheaper than anyone else.

The rest is just watching the sale papers. Hit or miss.

BTW...I'm not allowed to go to the grocery store any more this week.

Figures it would be a local place. I am partial to Smart and final for cryopac briskets and spares. they have them consistently when the other grocers are hit and miss.

I do miss not having Food 4 Less up here. They had some real nice prices.

Thanks for the info.

No prob. Wish I could be more help.

Back