a pretty good barbecue - PRON

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

here's a few pix from last night at the 'a pretty good barbecue' event...

i made 4 pizzas and some "perry chie" pastries

apgbI-001.jpg

apgbI-027.jpg

recognize and of these brothers?

apgbI-003.jpg

apgbI-017.jpg

apgbI-018.jpg

apgbI-023.jpg

here's a shot of curt's custom abt's

apgbI-040.jpg

i'm headed back over to the church. more pron later........................

Looks as though everyone is have a great time. Thanks for the pictures.

You guys ate all that brisket yourselves? YUM!

Nice to see the KU Jayhawks were well represented!

But to answer your question - I didn't recognize any of them.

Care to give a rundown on who's who?

see the 'quotes' thread and then try to figure out how divemaster got in almost every pic i took!

i've never seen so many briskets and pork butts in one place!
i took 148 pix today... it's gonna take me a month of sundays to process them all. i've got to hand it to the brethren members that participated as that was one fine job and an excellent example of what the power of the brethren can do to help others. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
i am proud to be associated with this group of outstanding citizens!

i think i'll do a batch process to resize and then upload the entire batch of pix to photobucket and somehow give ya'll access. :biggrin:

We'll all be posting here tonight. It was an awesome time. It was kinda like a family reunion - loved seeing everyone, hanging out, but man getting home and taking a nap was top of my list by noon today...

Honestly it was one of the best times and for a great cause. I know it's going to come out so I'm beating them all to the punch - my brisket was so dry you could have used bubba's brisket saw to cut through it. So much for my luck pork pie getting me through..

We had enough cigar's to last me, oh probably just until tonight, but a lot. Little bit of scotch, little bit of some other things, and then a very bad night's sleep. What more could you ask for.

these are a few of my favorite things :biggrin:

the winning fatty in the fatty comp. zbq's breakfast fatty was outstanding!

apgbIII-008.jpg

and now... on with the show! (lawrence welk mod)

apgbIII-030.jpg

apgbIII-047.jpg

apgbIII-054.jpg

apgbIII-037.jpg

apgbIII-057.jpg

apgbIII-069.jpg

apgbIII-074.jpg

apgbIII-085.jpg

apgbIII-088.jpg

apgbIII-112.jpg

We'll all be posting here tonight. It was an awesome time. It was kinda like a family reunion - loved seeing everyone, hanging out, but man getting home and taking a nap was top of my list by noon today...

Honestly it was one of the best times and for a great cause. I know it's going to come out so I'm beating them all to the punch - my brisket was so dry you could have used bubba's brisket saw to cut through it. So much for my luck pork pie getting me through..

We had enough cigar's to last me, oh probably just until tonight, but a lot. Little bit of scotch, little bit of some other things, and then a very bad night's sleep. What more could you ask for.

It was a GREAT time. I still am sitting in awe that over 1000 sandwiches were served in less than 25 minutes.

While I can not say if Bob's brisket was dry, he did say that he had a problem with it.... Rick was everywhere with his camera. It seemed like every time we went for some food we heard 'wait, just one more shot!' Bubba and Mike, it's been way to long. What a blast! And while Clark and I are still trying to figure out how Ohio ended up in the Eastern time zone while it sits in the Midwest, we were only an hour late.... Curt did a fantastic job of getting us all organized and making sure we were all well cared for.

Again, what a great time and I hope we get to do it again next year.

Rick, great photos..... I'm going to have to get with you on getting some copies; I was kind of busy during some of those times, espl the sandwich building, etc.

I have to go through my stuff to get the results in order, but I will do so tomorrow morning most likely. I have some photos I'm uploading, too. It's a bit frustrrating trying to get shots but having to do a bunth oc other things, so it's a relief to know you got such great shots!

I also hae to say...

I'm really in awe of you guys. Nothing but being glad to come out and help. The staff and members of the Vineyard are really, really thankful for everything. I'm already planning on a repeat for next year for any that would care to do it again.

And I already committed to prime rib on Saturday of next year's!

Some shots by moi...

Neil checking an armadillo egg
2504475520_281e8b2965.jpg

A banner... Look familiar?
2503645019_32ff9d274d.jpg

Could this be an egg dessert.... Rick was kind enough to come out Saturday afternoon until late, and back again Sunday...
2504480304_740f1793b9.jpg

Neil made some great salmon!
2503651093_3cb9876cf8.jpg

Pat's cologne... Luckily, it's available in economy size:
2504484906_5725aebe1c.jpg

The meat in fridge... 200 lbs of brisket, 300 lbs of Boston butts!
2504487924_d4bcd3aca9.jpg

Bob's Spicewine:
2503649483_9702978e1c.jpg

A bunch o' smoked meat!
2503646805_0a791bbca3.jpg

UDS Sunrise
2504477090_563878ca90_m.jpg

2503642753_d2de98022f.jpg

And why we were there:
2503639067_627c27bcc0_m.jpg

2503643759_08fbc05aab.jpg

2503648409_ca0f063da6.jpg

Farkin Boss of mine I should have been there sounds like you guys did awesome.

here's a couple more for now...

smokeandbeer's son, a fine young man

apgbIII-011.jpg

apgbIII-066.jpg

and the spritz fairy! :shock:

apgbII-018.jpg

Back