Hak's bbq sauce reverse engineering

sbshaveice

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My fav store bought sauce. Pricey though. I want to reverse engineer it and get something ballpark. Anyone have a similar recipe or know a good system to reverse engineer?

Start with the ingredient list on the jar. Then takes some guesses, based on standard proportions.

Start with the ingredient list on the jar. Then takes some guesses, based on standard proportions.

Yes I've done that but it's always a pinch of this or that and then you're close but you end up with something not duplicatable.

do a google search for "hak's bbq sauce recipe" and see if any links have it or get you to a copycat recipe that you can play with to get you where you want to be

Yes I've done that but it's always a pinch of this or that and then you're close but you end up with something not duplicatable.
The basic ingredients that a packer uses will not be something you can fully duplicate. Often the difference in a clone recipe comes down to things you cannot possibly copy in a home environment. However, if you know the ingredients, and have a basic understanding of how 95% of sauces on the market are made, you can figure it out. Don't do pinches, they are largely useless anyway. Measure everything.

i just saw Haks for the first time ever today or yesterday.
Now I wish I would have bought some (or at least remember where I saw it)

Back