Catering Companys Christmas Dinner

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was asked today if I would consider doing this again this year. I said yes of course, a chance to cook and make money. Who would turn that down?

I got a special honor that makes me very proud. I have never done comps or near the amount of catering as some of you Brothers. I was asked if it was OK if my name was put on this years invitations. Featuring me as the Chef. :cool: They have these made up, I know it don't seem like much. But for me it is a big deal.:-D

Don't know the exact menu yet, were going over all that tomorrow. I just wanted to share with you guys.

Mods this can be moved if needed.

That would be an awesome honor.

I take it that at least some of them have had your BBQ in the past.

Yep, last year was a big hit. These folks that are invited to this dinner are all realtor's,and other associates. I was told he wanted to increase the amount of meat this year.

Jacob, Congrats on the invite. Lemme just say this brother......here in Michigan........If I cook the food on my property.........my liability is on my home owners insurance.

If I cook off my property........Im extreemly sticking my neck on a chopping block, if someone claims..........that I made them sick.

Not trying to discourage you in any way shape, or anything else.....
Just trying to cover a brothers backside.

Dont know how else to put it to you except check out your liabilities before you commit.

I agree with bull. Make it clear to the boss that its hs liability. Make him buy the meat, then you cook it. Then you are providing a "service", not a product.

Sounds like a great honor Jacob! And .... what bbqbull said! Definitely check on the liability issue.

Hear you loud and clear. For this reason I already told him I would need to use the co. kitchen. And do the cooking on site. I will address the liability issue as well.

Good luck to you Jacob I'm sure it will all turn out great.

You should take note of what the others have said and check your liability either way. Better safe then sorry.

Hear you loud and clear. For this reason I already told him I would need to use the co. kitchen. And do the cooking on site. I will address the liability issue as well.

Jacob, my brother........get it in writing, get a copy for yourself......

Hint.......Hint.

I agree with bull. Make it clear to the boss that its hs liability. Make him buy the meat, then you cook it. Then you are providing a "service", not a product.
The only bad thing about having them buy the meat is if they decide to go cheap (and they will) and the meat turns out tuff or in any way bad, guess who gets the blame......not the person that bought the meat, but the person that prepared it.....just watch your butt Jacob

Congrats on the catering gig:biggrin:

How would a prepared form with the company accepting full responsibility, witness and notarized.

I see the Dr. I haven't got to buy your books yet. But I will soon I hope. Any tips on making this a bigger success.

Oh I did find out today that people who attended last years dinner, were asking if I was cooking again. If so they would be there. Talk about making your head swell a lot.:biggrin::cool:

Jacob, contact your insurance agent and present your questions to him/her.

There pretty sharp folks. Thats what I would do.

Looking for the recipe for Keri's hog apple beans, help please.
And for those who have tried them, will it be worth the effort?

Back