Beverages for 150

mr big

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've got a wedding this Saturday and they asked me to provide sweet and unsweet tea, and water. How does everyone figure the amount needed of each? I know more sweet than unsweet. I'll be serving in 12oz cups plus ice. Any help would be appreciated.

Are the drinks going to be available during the whole reception or just during dinner? That will make a big difference on how much I would make.

I think just dinner their having punch at the reception. But I need to ask.

Will there be alcohol too? We use caterers concentrate tea and have 5 gallon cateraide drink dispensers. I'll make 5 gallons of sweet tea and 2 gallons of unsweet tea to start. We stock the 5 gallon jugs of water and if tea is getting low it's just a matter of filling the drink dispenser and adding the concentrate and give it a stir. I'd say for a 2 hour buffet with alcohol at the event you may go through 8-9 gallons of sweet tea and 2 gallons of un-sweet. I'd be ready with at least 15 gallons though. I've done hot summer weddings for 150 and used 20 plus gallons of sweet tea and a equal amount of water for a 5 hour event.

This is great info thank you! I was thinking 15 gallons should get me into the reception.

Back