Wood Dust aka Saw Dust

P

Pork Chop

I have searched all the threads here, and have asked several people and have had no luck.
So here goes .... have any of you Brethren seen, come across, or know of a supplier of BBQ quaility saw dust?

Pork Chop said:
I have searched all the threads here, and have asked several people and have had no luck.
So here goes .... have any of you Brethren seen, come across, or know of a supplier of BBQ quaility saw dust?

Talk to Plowboy! He may have a connnection if I am not mistaken, which is highly possible today!

.... dunno, but my neighbor (woodworker) gave me a bag of alder sawdust and it wouldn't even work as a 'starter' ... just smokes...

Pork Chop said:

I can hook you up. What you need? Where you at? I'd think saw dust would suck in the smoker, but what the heck.

Have you tried Luhr-Jensen, they have the "chips n' chunks" for the Big Chief smokers. I some times mix them with chunks in my GOSM, and use them in my Little Chief electric smokehouse. It usually sells for for @$2-2.50 for a 1.75# bag
www.luhrjensen.com

Last edited:
Thank you for the info. Iwill let you know how this works out.

Back