South of the Border Breakfast... and Pizza? on the High Plains - w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
CINCHOUSE has been on a baking kick this weekend, and whipped up a batch of Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls with Creamcheese Icing. Holy Jesus, those were good!

I wanted Menudo, so I made a quick run to our local Hispanic Grocery, La Espiga De Oro, and brought home a large container.

0Qh939Yh.jpg

We've wanted pizza for a while, and I've wanted Mexican-something...

We agreed on homemade enchilada sauce, homemade taco meat, cooked chorizo...

qYDB7hth.jpg

Homemade Enchilada Sauce as the base.

p4isUKjh.jpg

Taco Meat & Chorizo sprinkle.

fZsKSXfh.jpg

Add the Chihuahua Melting Cheese...

QKsSyVHh.jpg

Into the UUNI.

VtvL7z4h.jpg

iyGoz53h.jpg

Bring Out The Veg!

imH31vfh.jpg

Green Chile Dip!

6a6wFQKh.jpg

Salsa!

k2Di0zWh.jpg

Boom!

2mwjvNRh.jpg

Wow Cinnamon rolls and Menudo = Breakfast of Champions! Pizza looks killer too. How did you like the Pillsbury crust? I’ve seen it but never tried it. It’d be nice to keep on hand for when a craving hits.

How did you like the Pillsbury crust? I’ve seen it but never tried it. It’d be nice to keep on hand for when a craving hits.

I'm embarrassed by the Pillsbury Crust. It's my final back-up when things go completely wrong....and... you get the picture.

For being a tube product, it's pretty darned good. This was my first time with using the "classic crust," and I can't complain about that.

That said, the Real dough... either gluten free, or not... is SO much better and has much better flavor than anything that comes from a tube.

All looks good Marc however I would have passed on the menudo to allow more room to scarf down those cinnamon rolls.

All looks good Marc however I would have passed on the menudo to allow more room to scarf down those cinnamon rolls.

It was exactly as I'd hoped it'd be - The perfect balance of savoury / spicy vs. ridiculously savoury / sweet. House-6 wasn't sure she wanted any, but I ladled out a bowl and she came running before we served the family as a whole. Munchkin usually crushes a bowl (or sometimes TWO)... but she was "distractified" by those cinnamon rolls that I couldn't blame her.

That looks like a tasty day for sure.
Hand me a cup of coffee and a few of those cinnamon rolls and it would be a great morning!

Hand me a cup of coffee and a few of those cinnamon rolls and it would be a great morning!

It was REALLY tough to NOT eat more than one of those throughout the morning. Good Lord!

I tell you... that 2nd Proofing this morning really did it for the cinnamon rolls. Really good texture and ah-mazing flavor. "BossLady dun good."

It all looks and sounds great Shadow!
I use those canned crusts on the blackstone griddle for quick flat breads. They can be topped with anything! :grin:

It all looks FANTASTIC Marc!

How bout a link to the cinnamon roll recipe please?

How bout a link to the cinnamon roll recipe please?

I've just been corrected on the cinnamon rolls - they're not GF, but CINCHOUSE used really good, high quality flour that seems to treat her body much better. The four is Bob's Red Mill Unbleached Enriched Artisan Bread Flour.

The recipe is honestly just a Paula Deen recipe from Foodnetwork. Sorry for the confusion.

Ingredients

Dough:
1/4-ounce package yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup scalded milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter or shortening
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour

Filling:
1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for pan
3/4 cup sugar, plus more for pan
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins, walnuts, or pecans, optional

Directions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough. Sprinkle with walnuts, pecans, or raisins if desired. Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.

- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes or until nicely browned.

The Boss just reminded me that she doesn't recommend the frosting in Paula's recipe, but rather a much more flavorful one:

Frosting Recipe
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 Tbsp milk

Use a hand mixer to whip together cream cheese and butter in a bowl until light and fluffy. Whip in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Add enough milk to achieve something North of a drizzle-like consistency. CINCHOUSE described it as a "loose schmear."

Enjoy!

Your posts always brighten my day Marc, thank you. :)

Awesome :clap2:

Good stuff Marc! It all looks really tasty, have to stop at the bakery and get a cinnamon roll now to appease the craving.

Back