Bagna cauda

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This is a recipe from Parrothead. Copy this down and make it. You will thank me and Parrot head.

1 lb. melted butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup)
1 tube anchovy paste or 1 can of anchovies
1/2 cup minced garlic
1 pint heavy cream

Add all ingredients to a pot of medium heat. Stir until blended well. Some butter will never blend. Add heavy cream. Mix well to desired thickness.

Serve with crusty Italian Bread, Cabbage leaves, cheese cubed, meat cubed or anything else you think might go with it.

Eat well.

Holy Fark.... Sure as heck wouldnt need any exlax after consuming a bowl of this huh? Sounds pretty danged good though
Mike

Excuse me sir, your box sir. Would you prefer pine or oak sir?

Recipe is correct guys, we renamed it to veinus cloga.

Chit is amazing.. TRY IT.. and have ALOT of good bread around.

Bread will be shipped from Brooklyn for cost and a $5 handling fee.

Just make sure that anyone you plan on spending time with for the next two or three days has some, too! You'll be sweating garlic for a while! :-D

Great stuff!

There's some hope for the timid !!! ...

... one more traditional is:

3/4 C olive oil, 3 T butter, 2 t fine-chopped garlic, 8-10 flat anchovy fillets chopped, 1 t salt. ... then .... all sorts of vegetables (for dipping), breads, and even an omelet side.

I love the sound of the posted version, but may opt for this one to avoid having my insurance cancelled.

Bagna Cauda was a staple on fridays (no meat mod for Romans) when I was growing up. We always had it with cabbage.

Mark said:
Sounds like a non-meat dish; at Phil's bash. And people are eating it. Is this a first?

I thought it was a dip. You could dip your meat in it and eat it that way.

........How much butter? :eek:

Since eating BBQ at least twice a week I've had to start hitting the 'treadmill'. It's the first time I've had to exercise outside of my active lifestyle for years!! :shock:

Amazing stuff! Worked well with some of the pizza Ron was kind enough to ship!

Mixing up a half recipe tonight, and then trying it with some clams and linguine for dinner tomorrow night.

PS Attempt moderation if Greg has control of the margarita machine and has added bananas.....

Back