Restaurant Depot - KCBS

4TheLoveofBrisket

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I joined the KCBS primarily for the perk of the rights to become a member at Restaurant Depot. But they are not wanting to issue me a card. I emailed the guy who posted on here on here to email him if we have problems (Gene I think his name was) a while back and have never received any response back. Anyone know any other contacts at KCBS who could help me get this sorted out with my local Restaurant Depot?

Who did not issue a card? KCBS or RD? My local RD told me they are under instruction from head office not to issue individual cards to KCBS Members, but rather give each KCBS Member daily passes whenever they come to shop. Something to do with not wanting to issue a couple thousand cards for one account...

Go back to the KCBS website, the policy changed a month or two ago. KCBS members can get a one day pass, not a membership. Kind of a pain. Tax ID number is the way to go if you can. I used the one from my son's cub scout pack!

Who did not issue a card? KCBS or RD? My local RD told me they are under instruction from head office not to issue individual cards to KCBS Members, but rather give each KCBS Member daily passes whenever they come to shop. Something to do with not wanting to issue a couple thousand cards for one account...

It was RD that did not issue. Thanks for the info. I can deal with the daily pass, but it was like pulling teeth to even get them to issue that.

Hmmm. I guess you missed the meeting on ethics... Not sure that is the message I would want to set as an example for my scouts when I was a cub scout leader.

How so? We buy supplies there all the time for pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinners, blue and gold dinners, camping, and picnics. So I can't use it for personal use, too?

but it was like pulling teeth to even get them to issue that.

Yeah, the employees at the Dearborn RD aren't a very friendly bunch. Maybe if we were Dearborn residents they would treat us better. :mad2:

Be patient with Gene, he took a while to answer me too.

I have a card from the first go around on this. It says Kansas City Barbeque on it. It worked the last time I went. Haven't been there for a couple of weeks though. Is RD taking back the cards they issued? Has anyone tried using their old card?

I have a card from the first go around on this. It says Kansas City Barbeque on it. It worked the last time I went. Haven't been there for a couple of weeks though. Is RD taking back the cards they issued? Has anyone tried using their old card?

Mine works, but when you swipe it it says see receptionist or something like that. Don't know if they are taking them back though.

Mine works, but when you swipe it it says see receptionist or something like that. Don't know if they are taking them back though.

They do that to me also. Too many cards with the same name and number. I guess I'll just go in and see what happens.

Yeah, the employees at the Dearborn RD aren't a very friendly bunch. Maybe if we were Dearborn residents they would treat us better. :mad2:

Be patient with Gene, he took a while to answer me too.

Yeah, I gathered that they weren't a very friendly crew working there at the front desk. I wasn't quite sure she spoke very good English either. Almost makes me want to drive up to the Troy location and see how their customer service is. Though the guys working back in the meat cooler were very helpful.

I looked on the KCBS site today and found a little flyer about it, looks like something RD put out, so I'm just going to print that out and keep it in my truck to show them when I go. Hopefully that will help with getting the daily.

It was probably a month to a month and a half ago when I emailed Gene. Maybe it ended up in his spam box? At any rate, now that I know that I can only get the daily pass, that clears things up a bit. Thanks to all who responded!!

How so? We buy supplies there all the time for pancake breakfasts, spaghetti dinners, blue and gold dinners, camping, and picnics. So I can't use it for personal use, too?

I guess you could... However, I doubt if the Tax ID number was issued to the BSA for you to avoid paying retail AND applicable sales taxes. It's a judgement call where you determine what is ethical and what is not.

Even though the Atlanta RD seems to be pretty lenient about handing out day passes, I went ahead and joined the KCBS today just for RD access. Even having to get a day pass with the KCBS membership is no biggy, only takes about 2 min. I love RD!

I went Sat and used my KCBS card. The only question they had was what address to use. She looked on the back of the card and used the KCBS address. Otherwise, no problems.

From the KCBS website:
rdepot-coupon.jpg

Hey neighbor....welcome to KCBS. So...you ever going to compete? :heh:

I'll compete with you for the beer! I don't think the competition circuit is for me, but if you ever need me to help out in any capacity, just give me a shout. I enjoy the hanging out and the chit-shooting more than anything.

NeoTrout,

I live 5 minutes from the Alsip store. I could do some real damage in there! I looked in the meat dept for probably 20 minutes. I got 17lbs of pork shoulder, big a$$ pot for large bbq sauce recipes and big bag of lump. Just going there sparks my imagination and inspiration.

hey desert dweller i agree with you wholeheartedly. while it seems like nothing, i would have a very difficult time accepting use of the boyscouts tax id. after all, if it isn't resold, doesn't the bsa pay the tax at the end of the year? and that i feel is not right.

Back