REQUEST: 85/96 Gallon UDS Cook Pics Please.......

K

kindollbbq

Hello everyone. I was curious if anyone who has/had an 85 or 96 Gallon UDS could post some pics of you cooking on the cooker.

I am interested in seeing the capacity of the cooking grates.

I am curious, because I am thinking about building me a bigger UDS for comps. I am wanting a bigger cooker so I can cook all of my large meats on one cooker and only have to babysit one cooker through the night. I originally had my mind set on a 110 Gallon, but am contemplating a 96 Gallon Drum as well.

If anybody can help me out that would be great and I really appreciate it.

Brandon

All of my pics are on my new 85 gallon UDS.

I don't have that many pics of food ON the grates...but I fit a 10lb bag of leg quarters and a 1 pound fatty on one rack with ease.

10lb loin rib roast
Feb132010roast.jpg

My first cook, 4 leg quarters (and these things are big mumbo jumbo leg quarters too)
101_0451.jpg

Alright thanks Chief. I appreciate the photos.

If anybody else has any more I would appreciate it a lot.

Brandon

HPIM0420.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

I have 3 racks and only used 3 once. The big cooks i have done i don't have pics as I am a 1 man show and buisier than 1 legged man at an a$$ kicking contest. Good visual is the 2 1/2 pans on rack.

Lotsa grill space, I have 2 grates levels and have only used one so far.

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0623_1.jpg

IMG_0528_1.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0525_1.jpg

Does the 85/96 gal. drum have a larger diameter? If so, where do you find the grates to fit it?

Does the 85/96 gal. drum have a larger diameter? If so, where do you find the grates to fit it?

The 85 gallon is 26" diameter. I ordered my grates (Rome campfire grates, 24.5") online for $17 each.

Thanks everybody. Those were exactly what I was looking for. Gives me a really good idea of capacity. I am thinking about taking the plunge and ordering a new 96 gallon.

I just can't decide between the 96 and the 110. I mean there is a pretty large price difference between the two, but it ain't as though either one of them would be cheap! :) So maybe I ought to go for broke!! I'm not really sure.

What do you guys think, 96 or 110?

Brandon

Thanks everybody. Those were exactly what I was looking for. Gives me a really good idea of capacity. I am thinking about taking the plunge and ordering a new 96 gallon.

I just can't decide between the 96 and the 110. I mean there is a pretty large price difference between the two, but it ain't as though either one of them would be cheap! :) So maybe I ought to go for broke!! I'm not really sure.

What do you guys think, 96 or 110?

Brandon

Get the 110. Better to have it than wish you did. Good luck.

That's kinda the way I am thinking Bob. Go Big or Go Home!

Brandon

Back