MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
fevoice
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Cooking for your BBQ Joint

I'm taking over a defunct BBQ joint and while I'm gonna use it for catering only at first - I will want to open the doors to the public in the near future.

Question. When you're preparing food for the days or week ahead do you pre-cook a bunch of Q and then re-heat as needed or do you try and cook everyday?

If you pre cook Ribs, how do you re-heat? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
[URL="http://www.roaringforkbbq.com"]www.roaringforkbbq.com[/URL]
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
fevoice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
lazybonesmoke1
Full Fledged Farker

I smoke everyday. I do a case of pork and beef every night and in the morning it is done. Ribs I try to do everyday but when I know I won't sell them today I pull them out 3/4 of the way done. The next day I put them in for the rest of the time. After I take them out of the smoker I keep all my BBQ in a electric food warmer covered. I slice or pull everything to order, the ribs I finish off on a grill. If you need any questions answered or would like to know something specific please call 586.775.7427 ask for Deni.
lazybonesmoke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
jbrink01
is Blowin Smoke!

Ditto what he said.

Where at in Boulder? I travel Colorado as part of my job.
[CENTER][B][I][B]KCBS #13207[/B][/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]2013 Insane Can Posse [/I][I]Tour [/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I]Sponsored By: [/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Gateway BBQ Store[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Blues Hog BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
[CENTER][B][I]Plowboys BBQ Company[/I][/B][/CENTER]
jbrink01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Thats about it but I will do my pork for a week at a time vac and reheat as I need with apple juice or chicken stock. Same with the brisket and reheat that in ajus sauce. Ribs I do as an order only I am just not a reheat fan on those but it can be done. Search this section there is alot of good info on this here. Good Luck!!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybonesmoke1 View Post
I smoke everyday. I do a case of pork and beef every night and in the morning it is done. Ribs I try to do everyday but when I know I won't sell them today I pull them out 3/4 of the way done. The next day I put them in for the rest of the time. After I take them out of the smoker I keep all my BBQ in a electric food warmer covered. I slice or pull everything to order, the ribs I finish off on a grill. If you need any questions answered or would like to know something specific please call 586.775.7427 ask for Deni.
Now thats a helpful Brethren!

Nice job Deni!
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote