Brisket for #300 people, need advice

B

BBQ'n The Burbs

I was asked to cook smoked brisket for 300 people for a memorial service. My rig will only hold 8 packers I figured I would need 16. I've already smoked the 1st load of 8. I smoked them for 12 hours then rested them in a cambro for 6. Put that batch in a buddies walk in and started the second batch. Wondering what would be the best way to reheat before serving on Friday 7-8-11. Should I slice it before reheating or reheat and then slice? Should I reheat in the cambro pans? How long will that take? The event is at 4:00 pm. We are also doing burgers and dogs. someone else is doing sides.
This is my rig.

Attachments

• N 032.jpg
    N 032.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 109
  • N 038.jpg
    N 038.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 109
  • N 041.jpg
    N 041.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 108
  • N 052.jpg
    N 052.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 109
Sounds to me like your rig is broken. I will come take it off your hands at no charge :becky: Nice lookin' setup you go there.

Unfortunately I have never cooked for that many but I am sure others will chime in that have with solid advice. I just wanted to compliment you on your pit.

Don't know too much about cambro's other than they keep meat warm, but I would not slice before warming up the briskets, probably lose a lot of moisture/juice.

If you have hotel pans. I would put them in the hotel pans and reheat until up to temp. I would put a cooling rack in the bottom of the pan and put some beef broth in bottom of the pans. Then when you are ready to serve put them on the smoker or grill to firm up the bark.

If you have hotel pans. I would put them in the hotel pans and reheat until up to temp. I would put a cooling rack in the bottom of the pan and put some beef broth in bottom of the pans. Then when you are ready to serve put them on the smoker or grill to firm up the bark.

That's what I was thinking too. Not specifically in a hotel pan but yeah in a pan with beef broth. I was thinking whether to say cover with foil but I think the foil would just soften up the bark. Probably want to bring up to temp slowly also.

Wow, nice pit, bro! I can't offer any help for cooking brisket for that many people, but I do wish you luck.

You may want to put up a post in the "Catering/Cooking for the Masses" forum - there's guys there who do this sort of thing a lot. Nice rig! :thumb:

Cool thanks! Love the input. They are in hotel pans. Bottom of the pans have a good amount of drippings. Tried to catch all. Like the idea of final smoke to firm up bark. I will post in catering forum. Thanks

Back