Is this thing on?

TXMasterbuilt

Reaction score
Joined a few days ago and have already borrowed/stolen a couple of recipes and tips. Reside in North Texas (Sunday home of the Dallas Cowboys). For the last 5 years we have been living with and caring for my wife's 95 year-old mother so there isn't a lot of time to spend tending to a smoker. That is why I went with a Masterbuilt electric when I started looking for something to fill the void when I stopped officiating high school basketball after 11 years.

I know some (maybe many) don't think what I do is "real smoking" but the meat is good and my brisket did get better reviews at a church gathering over one using the "traditional" approach. Fortunately for me there is a co-worker who competes and I can pick his brain as well.

Anyway...may not post much, but will be lurkin and learnin.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome aboard!

Lots of ways to cook meat and if you and other folks like it then that's "real smoking" to me.

My 94 year old MIL lives with us and I cook brisket to her liking (not too spicy or smokey and very tender). Might not win a competition but it works for me and my household.

Back