Chicken N Ribs go where

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
When you have two cooking grates in the UDS, does chicken go above ribs or ribs above chicken? I thought what evers cooks the fastest is on the upper cooking rack?

thanx

Matt

Ribs in drum, chicken in kettle. Chicken needs higher temp, ribs longer.

Just for the record. If you do have a time when you are cooking chicken and another meat. The chicken ALWAYS goes on the bottom.

But I'm in agreement with Norcoredneck on this one.

Just for the record. If you do have a time when you are cooking chicken and another meat. The chicken ALWAYS goes on the bottom.

But I'm in agreement with Norcoredneck on this one.

Why on the bottom? im not disagreeing, but rather trying to understand. To my thinking, the drippings from the other meats above that have NOT finished cooking, would that not contaminate the chicken? Or is the drippings from the meat cooked well enough not to contaminate the food?

thanx.

Chicken is more toxic than Pork. You never want to cross contaminate chicken to other meats. Plus, pork seasons the chicken nicely.

As long as all meats are cooked to done it should not matter.

If you have meat on the bottom that is almost done then you put raw chicken on top you have a problem. When you pull the bottom meat it will have juice from the under cooked chicken that did not reach temperature yet.

Just be sure that any meat you pull from the smoker only has juice from cooked meat on it.

Back