MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

Default last minute beg, borrow, steal (AR)

Originally Posted by Plowboy
Nancee,

Why don't you make a new thread with a list of everything you'd need. We can work together to come up with chit you can borrow. I'm sure between all of us in the KC area, we can get you what you need.

OK we aren't too bad off I don't think

So the list list seems to be mainly the items we can't fly with for one reason or another
So on top of what has already been discussed this looks like the wish list:
tent(s)
sleeping bags(3)
fire extinguisher
lantern(s)...unless you guys think its bright enough on Wyoming we don't need any light
wash, dry sanitize tubs
hand washing station
water jug or hose
weber kettle
chimney

I figure most everything else we can buy out there ie foil, lump, wood chunks, meat, sauce, etc

Or am I wrong?

If anyone thinks of something I have obviously forgotten, please let me know before I Fark up big time...

Thanks to all
nancee
nancee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancee View Post
Originally Posted by Plowboy
tent(s)
sleeping bags(3)
fire extinguisher
lantern(s)...unless you guys think its bright enough on Wyoming we don't need any light
wash, dry sanitize tubs
hand washing station
water jug or hose
weber kettle
chimney
I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

We have a couple tents, but they are big pole tents. May be a beyotch to haul over to your spot and back. They will be there if you are in a bind and need one. We won't use both... I don't think.

I also have an air mattress and some hickory chunks if you want.

Was there anything else you were expecting from us?

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

no that is great. Means I won't get DQd for something stupider than usual... I may even be able to fit our tents in luggage( these are sleeping tents not canopies). Although with the forecast that was posted, we'd be fine in fold down chairs and a couple of throws...
You had mentioned you had a couple of chairs...I don't think Bill is coming in too early Friday...

the otehr thing I forgot was some sort of heat source ie propane or butane stove. I would think I can fly with a small stove as long as I don't have fuel, right?

I presume Sam's will have things like meat, royal oak, foil ,etc or will they be all sold out?
thanks again for all your help & bailing my butt out on this...I guess I get the next check...
nancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

We have a couple tents, but they are big pole tents. May be a beyotch to haul over to your spot and back. They will be there if you are in a bind and need one. We won't use both... I don't think.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
HoDeDo
Babbling Farker

Sam's will even be on site with many of those items.
Wood will be available there also.

The cooker you are going to be using also has a grill on it.
It is a King Gator... and may even be double walled like the BW you are used to.
http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/ck_larg.html

I'll try to track down tubs for you. I also have a propane burner you are welcome to use. I'll just assume you need it and pack it.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 PM   #5
Plowboy

I'll have a couple extra bag chairs for you.

Quote:
no that is great. Means I won't get DQd for something stupider than usual... I may even be able to fit our tents in luggage( these are sleeping tents not canopies). Although with the forecast that was posted, we'd be fine in fold down chairs and a couple of throws...
You had mentioned you had a couple of chairs...I don't think Bill is coming in too early Friday...

the otehr thing I forgot was some sort of heat source ie propane or butane stove. I would think I can fly with a small stove as long as I don't have fuel, right?

I presume Sam's will have things like meat, royal oak, foil ,etc or will they be all sold out?
thanks again for all your help & bailing my butt out on this...I guess I get the next check...
nancee

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler

Old 10-02-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

can someone please supply nancee with a brisket catcher
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #7
CTSmokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

Wink

Nancee,

I've got the Brisket Catcher covered (Borrowed it from Sled along with his famed fish stick and 13th place chicken recipe's)....What else should I bring?

Looking forward to AR....thank you all for your Brethren help and generosity!!

See you in KC soon...!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff :)!
CharGriller Outlaw with Mods,2X WSM in Comp. Mode
Weber Kettle 22" Gold, Kirkland Signature SS Gas Grill
La Caja Asadora - Caja China - Cajun Microwave 1
"Primal Meat Smokers" BBQ Team
Purple Primal Smoker Turtle!
CTSmokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
Jeff_in_KC

Hey!! I want Sled's 13th place chicken recipes as well!! They'd be improvements over the stuff I've BEEN cooking!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Hey!! I want Sled's 13th place chicken recipes as well!! They'd be improvements over the stuff I've BEEN cooking!
13th at the Royal. Hell yeah! I'll take them, too.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #10
nancee
is one Smokin' Farker

Default now what was I thinking???!!!

How could we forget to ask the almighty question...is there a place to buy alchohol (beer & wine OK) between the airport and the royal late at night???

if this sounds stupid, remember kill time in CT is 8pm and go to church on sundays...

thanks
nancee, greg and cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
I'll supply...

Fire Extinguisher
Lantern (Rechargeable)
Tubs
water jug
kettle
chimney

Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I can't wait to see how everything works out. Wish I was there catchin briskets.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #12
KC_Bobby
Babbling Farker

You got until 1:00 am to buy booze in KC. Northerners (north KC people), does Barry Road have a 24 hour grocery store near I-29?

In MO, you can buy all kinds of booze at grocery stores. In KS only liquor stores sell the hard stuff. I-29 is in MO and is the interstate between the airport and Kemper. Barry Road is the main road up north, nice area and if it has a 24 grocery store
(either Price Chopper or Hy Vee should have about everything you need to pick up).
Proud KCBS Member & Certified Judge

KC_Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
How could we forget to ask the almighty question...is there a place to buy alchohol (beer & wine OK) between the airport and the royal late at night???

if this sounds stupid, remember kill time in CT is 8pm and go to church on sundays...

thanks
nancee, greg and cliff
CT and the boos. I go out driving around CT for about 45 minutes looking to pick up a bottle of vodka for me and abox of wine for nancee during bluesaque. Here in NY you purchase liquor at a "liquor store" not in CT, Im driving aimlessly looking for the big :liquor sign when i finally ask somebody who informs me its called a "package store" would love to find out the history about that name one of these days. All ended well, i got my absolut mandarin and nancee got her box of wine
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Bobby View Post
You got until 1:00 am to buy booze in KC. Northerners (north KC people), does Barry Road have a 24 hour grocery store near I-29?

In MO, you can buy all kinds of booze at grocery stores. In KS only liquor stores sell the hard stuff. I-29 is in MO and is the interstate between the airport and Kemper. Barry Road is the main road up north, nice area and if it has a 24 grocery store
(either Price Chopper or Hy Vee should have about everything you need to pick up).
Hy-Vee

Nancee, when you come down I-29 (South), get off at NW Barry Road. Should be able to find booze right off of that exit. It isn't too far from the airport.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #15
Plowboy

Otherwise, look up Hodedo... I think he'll have a farking Budweiser truck in his spot.