Need brisket injection recipe!

smokinslim99

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have made up several beef broth injections for brisket and they have all seemed to be bland after meat is cooked. would appreciate any tips on a more BEEFY or savory recipe!

Beef stock may be more beefy than broth. Could also mix some beef base concentrate but need to watch for staining of the meat especially with some of the commercial powdered injections.

I don't think the big name injections have many staining problems any more like was the case previously.

But I also have the solution to the staining problem...more injection. If you are having a staining problem then just inject more and stain the whole area. Once it's all stained the same then it won't look stained at all.

IMHO

If you have a staining problem with the commercial injections, it comes from your technique and not from the product. You are not getting it spread out enough.

Don't try to reinvent the wheel after you buy their product. The mixtures they have are fined tuned and heavily tested. I tried adding a few "flavorings", such as onion powder, garlic powder, or other seasonings. I only managed to make my brisket taste like pot roast instead of brisket.

For added beef flavor, wrap the brisket after it is somewhere above 140 and put some beef broth or beef base in the foil.

I know I am going to jinx myself, but I have never had a staining problem. Just follow the recommendations by the posts above. My choice was made by some of the professional classes I have been to, but I also try other brands and mixtures of those.

I also try not to over do it as far as flavors is concerned as for me, I really don't want to change the taste of the meat, rather just to enhance it and try to retain some moisture.

wallace

Back when I was stupid and chasing the critter thinking that you could ADD moisture to a brisket by injecting water based solutions I came up with this It packs flavor and those I have shared it with really like it. I gave up this practice of injecting long ago IMO a Waste of my time.

BluDawg's Bovine Nectar
This Injection adds moisture,and is a flavor enhancer it adds beefiness to the brisket .

Bovine Nectar

1 pkg McCormicks Aus Jus
3 cups Black Coffee
1 tbl Worcestershire
1/4 cup cannola oil
1 tbl BluDawgs Bull Dust *recipe to follow

Dissolve the aus jus with the coffee add the Worcestershire and the Bull dust. Heat over med heat 10 min remove from eat and allow to cool to room temp. Inject about every 1" and go directly to the smoker. Smoke it as you normally do.

Bull Dust

1/3 cup Paprika
2 tbl brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard powder
4 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Gebhardt's chile powder

Add all together. Mix well.

Bull Dust

1/3 cup Paprika
2 tbl brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard powder
4 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Gebhardt's chile powder

Add all together. Mix well.

No salt in there Bludawg?

onion soup mix with beef broth or base, maybe a little apple juice.

onion soup mix with beef broth or base, maybe a little apple juice.

Funny you mention the onion soup mix. Yesterday at work I made some french onions soup with real beef stock. I strained out the onions and pureed them into house made beer mustard with garlic and fresh herbs. I plan to inject the brisket with the french onion broth, and slather the brisket with the mustard before applying a rub (probably black pepper heavy).

If I like the results I might take it to the next level by larding the flat with French Onion Soup marinated fat back

I use.... 2 cups beef stock (not bullion !) 2 tablespoons worsh. 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium) 1 teaspoon garlic powder. make ya stock get it warm but not boiling. Then add the rest...let it cool and inject away.

Back