MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 01-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #151
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Is anyone going to step up to the Tofu or Eggplant challenge? Or is everyone going to wuss out and use peanuts?

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 01-29-2011, 11:47 AM   #152
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Is anyone going to step up to the Tofu or Eggplant challenge? Or is everyone going to wuss out and use peanuts?
I have insider information that leads me to believe there will be eggplant. Stay tuned...
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #153
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Wuss Out!!

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #154
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
I'll go back and look again because I must have missed your entry...

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #155
bigabyte

Quote:
In my opinion...neither of those are a good match to the other ingredients. The tofu is the most easily accessible, but since you also must use chicken, they the fark would anyone add tofu? It just screams, "I added tofu because I had to". Again, my opinion, which means little. As for Eggplant...chicken, tube dough, lime and eggplant has possibilities, and I had a dish planned out that could use these involving baba ghanouj, but it's a stretch because lemon would be the more natural complement, and using lime just screams, "I used lime because I had to", sort of like the tofu above. Again, my opinion only.

Honestly, the entries so far are pretty much as I originally expected. Of Thai or other Asian influence mostly, using peanut. The flavors naturally work together that way. Again, my opinion only, which is only worth what others perceive it to be.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #156
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

I ain't no wuss! I am using eggplant and dough in a tube (not a box). I'm working on the dough in a tube as we speak and hoping no one else will do what I'm going to do. I don't think I can complete it until tomorrow though but I do know without a doubt that this dish will be sure to please! I'm going "from scratch" all the way...except for the tube dough. Oh, and it's not Thai or Asian.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #157
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
I'll go back and look again because I must have missed your entry...
I deserved that.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #158
landarc

Redhot aims to please, somehow, I don't think that is a secret. Whereas, Guerry is just trying no to miss too bad

Oh, I am using tofu and maybe peanuts.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #159
goro25
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
I used eggplant, but I don't even know what tofu is. Is that something Taco Bell uses in their "beef"?
goro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 PM   #160
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Great entry Jim. I didn't think of a pie. Looks like you made good use of your iron.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.

Last edited by Gore; 01-29-2011 at 09:41 PM..
Gore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #161
landarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jim View Post
I had fun, learned something, and we had a great dinner too.

Hope I win!
And that is the point of the whole Throw Down, I am glad it worked out for you Jim. I was a little concerned that you ate nuts when you said you can't.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:18 AM   #162
SmokinAussie

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by goro25 View Post
I used eggplant, but I don't even know what tofu is. Is that something Taco Bell uses in their "beef"?
How did you guess that.....
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #163
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
And that is the point of the whole Throw Down, I am glad it worked out for you Jim. I was a little concerned that you ate nuts when you said you can't.
The nuts will not kill me, and I do love nuts. I used just enough to give the flavor and texture I was hoping for.

Thanks for your concern.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #164
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Redhot aims to please, somehow, I don't think that is a secret. Whereas, Guerry is just trying no to miss too bad

Oh, I am using tofu and maybe peanuts.
Oh, I "Hit" often enough.
And I'm using dough in a tube, AND eggplant and peanuts. Heavily Indian influenced.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #165
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike
Default Chicken And Eggplant Fajitas In A Blanket

For my fourth ingredient I went with eggplant. I decided to make a chicken fajita sausage and add chopped eggplant to the mixture for moisture more than anything else. This idea I got from Ron L's eggplant parm burger, and it does work!

I chopped up 4 chicken thighs, added the juice from 2 key limes, chili powder, salt, black pepper, cumin, white pepper, poultry seasoning,cayenne, paprika, and garlic powder.

Chopped up an eggplant and added it to the chicken mixture.

I coarse ground and stuffed the mixture into natural casings.

I smoked the sausage on the uds, cooled, and wrapped the sausages in the canned dough.

The sausages were baked in the WSM.

Served up in a cast iron skillet filled with sizzling red and green peppers and sweet onions. Please use this as the entry, and thanks for looking!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest Purple Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
PECANS ARE PEANUTS TOO, Pick me! Pick me!, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread