Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubbinButts

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hello all. My wife and I live in Alabama a few miles outside of Tuscaloosa. We are fairly new at smoking bbq. I bought my first wood smoker about a year and a half ago and I haven't had gas since (now go have fun with that one).

Lately we've been looking into competition bbq and hope to enter a backyard category next year. We'll be attending the Jack Daniels competition in Lynchburg later this month as spectators. I hope to meet some of ya'll up there and maybe get some insight into how it's done.

So far I've been really impressed with the threads I've read on this forum over the past 2 days. It looks like there are some really knowledgeable folks on here and I hope to tap into some of that knowledge in the coming months.

Well, enough rambling for now. It's nice to be here and we look forward to many great conversations and maybe even meeting some of you.

Marc

Welcome aboard Marc, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do!

RubbinButts said:
I bought my first wood smoker about a year and a half ago and I haven't had gas since (now go have fun with that one).

You are sooooo gonna fit in around here :cool:

Welcome, grab a cold one and jump right in

Welcome Mark

Tuscaloosa, home of the original Dreamland BBQ joint.

For a few years, that sauce was the Brethren "go to" sauce for pulled pork. It was at lowest level of mustard/vinegar I could tolerate, but have since passed that threshhold.

Something else we liked came from Tuscaloosa too? Can't recall. Maybe Wickles Wicked Pickles?

Anyhoo

Welcome

RubbinButts said:
I bought my first wood smoker about a year and a half ago and I haven't had gas since (now go have fun with that one).

Geez... Must be nice. I get gas just thinking about certian foods! :rolleyes:

Welcome, Marc!

RubbinButts said:
Hello all. My wife and I live in Alabama a few miles outside of Tuscaloosa. We are fairly new at smoking bbq. I bought my first wood smoker about a year and a half ago and I haven't had gas since (now go have fun with that one).
Marc

Wish I could say that. Hell I just moved a thread for someone and passed Gas. Oh Yea Welcome

Welcome Marc-and the other half-. Good to have you in the neighorbood. Enjoy the ride.

Brother Rubbin', you are most welcome in this place!

Arlin

Welcome my new brother! Glad you found us! We're all about making everyone's cooking experiences the best that they can be. Lot's of useful information in the archives if you've got time to search, if not, ask us in QTalk about cooking or Competition about competing we'll be there to your rescue.....

Anyone gonna be at the Jack Daniels competition in Lynchburg Oct 21 and 22? We'll be attending as spectators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back