MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete
Default Dell Franklin's BBQ Event

Any of you IT guys get the invite from Dell? I have been buying Dell hardware for 25 years at the companies I have worked for. It's about time they give me something for all my years of loyalty. Dell rented out the whole place after hours to announce their new line of servers. I can't remember hearing about anyone doing this before.

Can't believe I get to go and not have the long a** lines to deal with.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Nice...Congrats hope the event is fun and delicious. Take pics!
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #3
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

That is very cool. I left IT a few years ago, but even then too many levels in my org for anything like this to ever happen.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoozy View Post
Nice...Congrats hope the event is fun and delicious. Take pics!
I hope they let us take pics. We have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
That is very cool. I left IT a few years ago, but even then too many levels in my org for anything like this to ever happen.
How is life on the other side? IT is all I know. I have been doing it since I was in high school.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Old 08-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
smokainmuskoka
is one Smokin' Farker

Please post a food review.

Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokainmuskoka View Post
Please post a food review.
I might but I am not the guy to post reviews. I have been to a couple of the joints that everyone loves and raves about. I was not impressed. I think I am just way too picky.

Old 08-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
jbounds286
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
I think I am just way too picky.
yet you have a red smoker
Camp Chef Flat Top Griddle, Ooni Pro 16 Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven
jbounds286 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounds286 View Post
You could too if we all asked Paul kindly enough

Better yet, make it burnt orange...
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbounds286 View Post
It is not OU red!!! (he keeps telling himself...)

btw...check the brisket knowledge thread. Some guys over there are trashing you and yes I enjoyed playing along.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #10
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Quote:
How is life on the other side? IT is all I know. I have been doing it since I was in high school.
It's funny. Now that I have to deal with IT to support my projects, I think that they are a bunch of idiots more intent on slowing things down than in actually accomplishing anything. Luckily (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), it is not my old department that I have to deal with. I have a new appreciation for when people feel like they are getting jerked around.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
landarc

Quote:
I hope they let us take pics. We have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Dell: NO PICTURES OF THE SERVERS!

PL: "Heck with that, I could care less what the servers look like, let's see that brisket"

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #12
darkoozy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Dell: NO PICTURES OF THE SERVERS!

PL: "Heck with that, I could care less what the servers look like, let's see that brisket"
Ya we want to see the brisket, the hell with the Dell equipment...
darkoozy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkoozy View Post
Ya we want to see the brisket, the hell with the Dell equipment...
You don't really think I am going to look at the servers do you? Unless they are serving brisket on servers I wouldn't even notice them.

Old 08-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #14
pjtexas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
It's funny. Now that I have to deal with IT to support my projects, I think that they are a bunch of idiots more intent on slowing things down than in actually accomplishing anything. Luckily (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), it is not my old department that I have to deal with. I have a new appreciation for when people feel like they are getting jerked around.
Several of my former co-workers/employees are in other IT shops now and have found that they do not like the big corporate IT environments. The companies they work for have implemented change control. You submit a request to make a router config change. Then you wait 3 days, maybe 7 and then your change gets approved and you make the change. These guys make $70k - $100k to sit around for hours on end waiting for one of their change requests to get approved. This is where users get frustrated. They think it is the server or network guy holding everything up. I prefer to work in the old school IT shops where I have control of everything and I trust my guys to do their jobs without me watching them 24/7.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
jeffjenkins1
Babbling Farker

I did not get an invite... but I doubt they will fly me from Ohio... However, I have worked in small and large shops, and while it is nice to have access to all systems, when 600 users cannot access something and they look at me, I can say nope, don't have access to that system but looking over my CM meeting notes, so and so was scheduled to make a change last night to that system... buhahaha.

Jeff
18" Weber OTS
Primo Oval XL
NB American Gourmet offset smoker
UDS
Big Chief Smoker
Turkey Fryer
jeffjenkins1 is offline   Reply With Quote