• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmaster's season premiere

The blue butter (sorry margarine) bottle is not what it looks like......

Could you expand on that, I didn't get the meaning of "not what it looked like".

I loved your comment about spices being dehydradated and needing to be re-hydrated.
So much so that I paused the TV, looked at my wife and said, "Wow, such a simple concept, so obvious, and I never thought about it".

Great job on the grilling Sir, very well done.

Oh...would it be rude of me to ask... :icon_blush:
Was any prize money given for that show? I know they talk about the grand prize and the big picture, but I wondered if there was any compensation by the organization, the network, or whoever.

Thank you!
Bob

Could you expand on that, I didn't get the meaning of "not what it looked like".

I loved your comment about spices being dehydradated and needing to be re-hydrated.
So much so that I paused the TV, looked at my wife and said, "Wow, such a simple concept, so obvious, and I never thought about it".

Great job on the grilling Sir, very well done.

Oh...would it be rude of me to ask... :icon_blush:
Was any prize money given for that show? I know they talk about the grand prize and the big picture, but I wondered if there was any compensation by the organization, the network, or whoever.

Thank you!
Bob

What I mean by this is I refill that bottle with what I want. Now for the prize money, NOTHING for this round.

Seen one Pitmaster, ya seen em all! Congrats on your win David! I was rootin for ya! Now down to the good talk. I'm curious how long yalls plates sat before they actually tasted em? Also I loved the comment about the guys dull knife! I love my boning knife and could do a whole Cookoff with it. Any best boning knife brand? I have a victorinox but it has to be steeled pretty often to cut like I want it to. Was wandering if there was like a high carbon you reccommeded.

What I mean by this is I refill that bottle with what I want. Now for the prize money, NOTHING for this round.

You may have not won any money in that episode, but it has to pay off with sales. My mother of all people called Monday and said that she spent close to a hundred dollars on your website and the only thing she knew was that I use some product of yours, but didn't know what. I laughed my butt off and the good thing is now I get to experiment with several things. Your products that I've used are fantastic, I know why your slogan is "Trust your Butcher"

Just caught the episode on IN DEMAND. Way to gave Dave! :thumb: And the color that you got on them ribs, beautiful!

I think it's because a lot of folks think Margarine is inferior to Butter. Most Margarine products are inferior (like Country Crock which is made from 100% Soy) but Parkay and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter really tastes like Butter. Also, Margarine has a much higher smoke point whereas Butter will tend to burn at BBQ Temps. :mod:

Is there a dislike button. LOL

Margarine tastes like crap and butter tastes like mothers milk. Parkay is no exception to that rule.

If you want Links

G'Day to all Brethren unable to watch the show outside the USA.

If you want a link for download, please PM me and I will provide them when it becomes available. This may take days or weeks depending on when the cappers put it up on Usenet and you'll have to be reasonably quick after I post the links. Current shows do not last long on the fileserver sites before they are deleted.

Cheers!

Bill

Is there a dislike button. LOL

Margarine tastes like crap and butter tastes like mothers milk. Parkay is no exception to that rule.

i agree... Grassfed whole butter or GHEE tastes way better than margarine could ever wish to and if your worried that butter has to low of a smoke point use ghee which has a 400 degree smoke point and is super rich. Not to mention the positive nutrients of grassfed butter like butyric acid which has anti cancer properties and conjugated linoleic acid that aids in weight loss. yes good butter can help you lose weight..

It sat a few hours in cambro's. We were around back in the "Pit" so it was hard to tell exactly when they started and stopped. But it was a few hours.

It sat a few hours in cambro's. We were around back in the "Pit" so it was hard to tell exactly when they started and stopped. But it was a few hours.

So what types of knives you use? Just curious if there is that much of a difference? I was looking a the shun which is a harder steel and supposedly holds the edge better.

Way to go Dave!!!!!! At your next Pitmaster's stop I was the one that yelled "Trust Your Butcher" as I was pulling my RV from the grounds on Sunday morning.

So what types of knives you use? Just curious if there is that much of a difference? I was looking a the shun which is a harder steel and supposedly holds the edge better.

Never heard of the brand Shun, I use Forschner knives. I do own some older Dexter Russell's that are about 30 years old and are great. I am not crazy of the newer ones they have. Some of the higher carbon steel knives are hard on edges in my world.

Way to go Dave!!!!!! At your next Pitmaster's stop I was the one that yelled "Trust Your Butcher" as I was pulling my RV from the grounds on Sunday morning.

Heck yea I remember this. I hope you had a good contest that weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: MAP
i agree... Grassfed whole butter or GHEE tastes way better than margarine could ever wish to and if your worried that butter has to low of a smoke point use ghee which has a 400 degree smoke point and is super rich. Not to mention the positive nutrients of grassfed butter like butyric acid which has anti cancer properties and conjugated linoleic acid that aids in weight loss. yes good butter can help you lose weight..

Thanks, this is the point I've been trying to get to. I don't understand why ghee isn't a staple in barbecue. It's shelf stable, has a high smoke point, tastes like butter and is available at a reasonable price at any Indian or international market and, I'm sure, on-line. Those worried that it will give their food an Indian flavor haven't tried ghee, it tastes like butter and nothing else.

Thanks, this is the point I've been trying to get to. I don't understand why ghee isn't a staple in barbecue. It's shelf stable, has a high smoke point, tastes like butter and is available at a reasonable price at any Indian or international market and, I'm sure, on-line. Those worried that it will give their food an Indian flavor haven't tried ghee, it tastes like butter and nothing else.

Not to sounds like a smart @$$, but the reason why it is not a staple in bbq is because no one that i know if uses it and wins with it (in competition bbq) now if you go out there and become TOY in ribs using it and tell someone you are using it, it will become the next big thing in comp bbq and it will start to trickle down into back yard bbq techniques like squeeze butter.

Back