MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Ashmont
Babbling Farker

Default Charity cook STL July 27th-28th

The has gotten bigger since the last time I posted. Thought it deserved a new post. The St. Richards Mens Club is sponsoring a BBQ cook to feed the homeless for the St. Vincent Depaul Society Shelter. We will be cooking up 60 butts and five briskets. We do the briskets for people who don't eat pork. We give them some then sell of some to cover costs and supplies and enough to help the next cook in Jan. We do this twice a year. All meat and supplies are bought by STR Mens club along with some beverages and morning breakfast. Activities for Friday night will be washers about 2am with some WC sliders, Hillbilly golf, War stories and whatever trouble I can find myself in! Plenty of area if you need space. Air conditioned Gym 50 feet away a commercial kitchen less than 50 feet to prepare stuff. Hope to try out a few new recipe's during down time.

This July the participants for now are ED, Celtic Nation, Pitstop, Smokin T's, STL Butt Rubin, RoadKill, and Big Chief. We need a couple extra cookers to get the rest cooked. Any takers? Last time we were done around 9am and we will have helpers to take down if requested.

The history behind the cook is that each church in SVDP program gets one sat a month that they cook. They are normally hamburger base like chile mac hamburger helper etc. I don't know but if I had to eat that every week I wouldn't be pretty. We feed about 200-250 and leave some extra for emergency dinners during the week
Ashmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
motley que
is one Smokin' Farker

let me work on it. how many butts per person do you need us to cook
30 qt outdoor cooker
Blue Drum Smoker
Red Drum Smoker
Orange Drum Smoker
Weber Smokey Joe - my 3 yr olds pit
Blue Thermopen
Harbor Freight Weed Burner