• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Britt's BBQ in McKinney, TX

Did you get a chance to stop by?

I did! Brisket was flavorful but a tad dry, but it was 3pm when we got there so it's not surprising. The ribs were HUGE and good. My 3 year old loved them.

The meat had a stronger smoke flavor than I'm used too, but I quite liked it. What kind of wood are you using Britt?

Had a small sampling of the "regular" sausage since the wife doesn't like heat. Not bad, but if I had been solo, I would probably done the pepper version.

If I'm up that way and get a hankering for some Q I would probably grab a sandwich. :thumb:

It looks like oak to me. Britt told me he rents the land from the guy who owns the acres behind him. Lovely view while you eat his BBQ. :clap:

Well, I was driving by to Farmersville and saw Britt’s corner on Lowery Crossing vacant. Checked his FB and it’s been pulled. I tweeted to Daniel Vaughn about his place back in the summer hoping he makes a visit. The place needed more traffic I guess.

Well, I was driving by to Farmersville and saw Britt’s corner on Lowery Crossing vacant. Checked his FB and it’s been pulled. I tweeted to Daniel Vaughn about his place back in the summer hoping he makes a visit. The place needed more traffic I guess.

I sent him a message to his Brethren profile when I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. I never hear back. I couldn't post here since the thread was too old. I had hoped it was just a seasonal closing for the winter, but I doubt it.

I sent him a message to his Brethren profile when I noticed that a couple of weeks ago. I never hear back. I couldn't post here since the thread was too old. I had hoped it was just a seasonal closing for the winter, but I doubt it.

He joined July and has not logged in since early August. Hey. maybe I'll find his rig for sale on CL. It looked pretty well built to me. But I also noticed some road construction at the intersection he is sitting on so maybe it's just being rezoned.

677492662fbefa58fa859b250da60180.jpg

Is Britts open now? I am visiting Little Elm/frisco for a week, and I would stop by for lunch today if I knew they were open.

Is Britts open now? I am visiting Little Elm/frisco for a week, and I would stop by for lunch today if I knew they were open.

No, all equipment and the food shack are gone. Hutchins in Frisco would be great but they are closed on Tuesday. Hutchins in McKinney is still closer that Britts, and has some of the best Q in the Metroplex.

You're not too far from 407BBQ. Bryan put's out some great que. I35W & FM407 in Corral City.

You're not too far from 407BBQ. Bryan put's out some great que. I35W & FM407 in Corral City.
Yes he does!! :mrgreen:
He catered the Cooks Night at the Athens EggFest one year and it was some amazing Q!!

Thanks guys! We have another stop at Cattle ak bbq, which was recommended by a local bbq store owner. If my wife isn't tired of Q at that point, I will see if she wants to get to that one also. It is 33 miles according to my navigation system. Are there any family things to do (with a 11 yr girl and 3 yr boy) that are close to this as well?

Cattleack is near the Galleria Mall, so you can go to that posh mall if you want. Cattleack is strangely enough located in a business park and open Thurs-Sunday only...

Back