THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
This never gets old!! Firing up the MAK for weeknight dinners is not only a good workday stress reliever, but the results... man-oh-man... yum-o-yum! Knocked out some pellet cooked stuffed bell peppers tonight. Our picky eater went for 2nds [emoji846]
ce95d7ca31ec2c9279af8adba6075f9a.jpg

101f9664d0dda0f4d27dc7bfe864f49d.jpg

3dff4f861f448dbf9293a3311a0bfac7.jpg

I'm hoping to have a shot at buying a Grilla Grillz Silverbac.. This is exactly the kind of thing I have planned for it. I'll do plenty of smoking, but I'll do plenty of higher heat oven style cooks with it.

your stuffed peppers look great! Was your stuffing the traditional burger/rice/tomato/cheese combo? what were they stuffed with?

I'm hoping to have a shot at buying a Grilla Grillz Silverbac.. This is exactly the kind of thing I have planned for it. I'll do plenty of smoking, but I'll do plenty of higher heat oven style cooks with it.

your stuffed peppers look great! Was your stuffing the traditional burger/rice/tomato/cheese combo? what were they stuffed with?

It’s hard to beat a good pellet grill on numerous levels :)

Kind of flew by the seat of my pants with this one. We eat pretty low carb, sooo...

6 bell peppers cut in half
2 lbs of ground turkey
Cauliflower rice
1 large jar of Raos marinara sauce
Chopped onion
Garlic
Salt/pepper
Cumin
Cheese

Made the meat mixture with some cheese mixed into it. Steamed the bell peppers for about 8 mins. Filled the peppers, topped with some additional cheese (mozzarella, jack, cheddar) and let the MAK cruise at 350° for about 45 mins. Easy peasy [emoji846]

It’s hard to beat a good pellet grill on numerous levels :)

Have ya made pizza on the pellet cooker? I see a ton of video's (especially now since I'm doing research) of people cooking all kinds of stuff. Everything from pies to pizza pies. I know it would be pretty awesome but I wouldn't consider doing those in a stick burner. or even charcoal cooker but interested in all the things cooked on pellet smokers. Curious to know how much smoke these things actually take on from the pellets

I hear the higher heat less smoke you get from most pellet poopers

Have ya made pizza on the pellet cooker? I see a ton of video's (especially now since I'm doing research) of people cooking all kinds of stuff. Everything from pies to pizza pies. I know it would be pretty awesome but I wouldn't consider doing those in a stick burner. or even charcoal cooker but interested in all the things cooked on pellet smokers. Curious to know how much smoke these things actually take on from the pellets

I hear the higher heat less smoke you get from most pellet poopers

Yes sir! The wood fired flavor is definitely light at the higher temps... but it is always clean/pleasant which is just the nature of pellet grills. If you want heavy smoke, a pellet grill is not what you are looking for. That said, the pellet grills turn out phenomenal pizzas in my opinion... and most of that is due to the intense radiant heat that comes from the drip pan directly underneath the pies. That radiant heat makes for some awfully good crust.

Yes sir! The wood fired flavor is definitely light at the higher temps... but it is always clean/pleasant which is just the nature of pellet grills. If you want heavy smoke, a pellet grill is not what you are looking for. That said, the pellet grills turn out phenomenal pizzas in my opinion... and most of that is due to the intense radiant heat that comes from the drip pan directly underneath the pies. That radiant heat makes for some awfully good crust.

yeah I'm not looking for a heavy smoke when it comes to using the pellet grill. I Know that going into my purchase so I'm excited for it lol

I've tried to make those with Cauliflower rice. Does anyone know of a way to mask the flavor and texture of it enough so that people can eat it :( Wife and I both hate the stuff be we try to eat healthy and Cauliflower is used in so many recipes :(

Yup the grilla grillz silverbac.. Its a little over my price range.. But its the best choice as I like the insulated chamber and seems to be the best bang for the buck close to my price range.

Excellent choice! Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you once ya start cooking on it :)

I've tried to make those with Cauliflower rice. Does anyone know of a way to mask the flavor and texture of it enough so that people can eat it :( Wife and I both hate the stuff be we try to eat healthy and Cauliflower is used in so many recipes :(

Not sure what to say, as we (including the kids) really enjoy it. Our favorite way to cook it is hot and fast on the griddle. Doesn’t go overly soft and gives it a lil extra flavor as it hits the hot oiled griddle. Toss around for a few mins and remove.

Quick question: did you cook the cauliflower prior to stuffing?

I’d really like to try these out this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back