Opinion on multiple meats on same amoker for time and temp

Sweetsmoke87

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was asked to do all the meat for my god daughters graduation party. It's a double party so expecting approximately 100 people. So far the menu is 3 butts 3 Chuck roasts a few spatchcock chicks and a bunch of chicken quarters. Question is what temp would you run the smoker, should I go low n slow then finish off the chicken on the grill or should I do a hot and fast for the whole thing around 275-300. Time is not an issue, thinking go low and slow on the pork and beef till they are ready to wrap, bump the heat for the chicken, then when pork and beef are done move them to the warmer above the firebox to rest while the chicken finishes. What's your opinions how would you do it?

We fill the pit with all kinds of meats and always cook around 300. Its where our pit settles in the easiest.

My smoker really likes to run at 260-275. To me this is an ideal temp. To me the age old 225 is out of the park. I think everything that you're cooking can be done very well at this temp. Set up your grill for a hot finish on the chicken to crisp the skin.

Like any cook, it depends on the thickness and density of the meat. I can see a 10 pounder being done anywhere from 5 to 10 hours.

just wanted to say thanks for all the info. Everything came out perfect and was done exactly on time. Ended up doing 2 shoulders, 5 tri-tips, 35 thighs, 8 leg 1/4s, and about 100 wings.

Back