MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default Holding brisket for service. How do you do it?

I am going to be adding brisket to the menu. I want to get you input on holding it all day and keeping the quality. I have a steam table or a I've that will go down to 150*F. Holding on the smoker is not an option yet. Also, do you just serve the flat sliced or both the flat and point? I know I could make burnt ends and have another item.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
Tinybud
Take a breath!

I wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, leaving the brisket whole, we use a warming cabinet in the restaurant, but on the road a cambro, but if there isn't much in the cambro the temps will drop faster on ya. but by wrapping it in plastic and foil, its retains more moisture, and stays hotter longer. brisket has become our easiest meat to cook, hold , and serve. Never any issues.
6ft. Southern Yankee
Meadow Creek Caterer's Delight 108
Caldera Tallboy
Tinybud is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
chachahut
Full Fledged Farker

Right there with Tinybud. Warming cabinet with some Au Jus in the pan foil over the pan. Leave it whole to start until cutting the point gets to the flat - then separate the two & continue. We serve both point & flat. Point in sandwiches, flat & point on platters & by the pound.

The idea of wasting a beautiful point to make fake burnt ends saddens me. You'll get some real burnt ends & first cuts just by cooking a whole brisket...

Backwoods Pro Jr.
Backwoods Competitor
busted Backwoods Fatboy
Weber 22.5 Kettle
some stainless wood fired thing
chachahut is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->