A brother needs your prayers

S

Stoneman

BBQ brothers, dear friends Jim Monihan has been sent home from the hospital for his last days with family. Jim has battled various illnesses over the last couple of years and recently he has different infections.

Jim has become a very good friend to me and to R&R BBQ Team. He coached us through a very challenging time and we thank him for that. He is a great friend of BBQ out here in the north-west with organizing and representing KCBS in various contest.

Thank you Jim and we love!

Rod R&R BBQ Team

Most of the men and women of BBQ are genuine, honest, and giving people.

However, there is one among us that this description is inadequate to describe. Jim exceeds virtually all statements we could use to describe ourselves.

Jim is one man who truly gave his all for every friend as well as those he did not know.

Jim is with his family and in loving arms, hearts and prayers. Soon Jim will leave us, only to give this care for others and his heart to each of us from the heavens above.

Jim will soon be missed more than most. Jim will remain in our hearts for eternity. If each of us could give just a little bit, in the way Jim gave, the world would be a better place for all.

Blessing and prayers for Jim and his family.

Merl

Jim was a big help to me when we moved to Idaho from Texas, helping me connect with BBQ Brethren in this neck of the woods. Had great time at his competition in Boise and enjoyed our time this summer. Our prayers are with him and his family.

I dont Know him, but sounds like a great guy, He will soon be in a better place thoughts and prayers from KS!

Rod, I got to meet and work with Jim down in Fairfield Ca. a few years back. He seemed to be a really great guy. I'm not much for the prayer stuff but he will surely be in my thoughts.

NUTZ

Unfortunately the hospice prognosis for Jim has gotten worse. They now
don't know if he'll make it through the weekend.

If any of you have pictures of Jim that you'd be willing to share for his
memorial service, please link them here and I will forward them on.

Thanks,
John

Unfortunately the hospice prognosis for Jim has gotten worse. They now
don't know if he'll make it through the weekend.

If any of you have pictures of Jim that you'd be willing to share for his
memorial service, please link them here and I will forward them on.

Thanks,
John

Here's one from Michael Stevenson on the PNWBA forum...
6479259107_ef76537feb_b.jpg

I do not know Jim but I know he is a great guy! God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thoughts and prayers are extended from McCormick, South Carolina to Jim and his family.

I drove 6 hours from SLC UT to Bouise, ID on Friday to say good bye and then turn around and come home. He looked very thin and breathing was a challenge as he laid there. Thank God for the wonder family that was there with him and the support of many friends that had come and gone throughout the day.

He was so instrumental for R&R BBQ going to the Jack, Sam's National and the American Royal. He mentored us all along the way and we will for ever be so appreciative for his help.

Rest in peace my friend.

Jim passed away this morning with his family at his side.

God Bless you friend!

Back