Pulled Pork Pasta (pron)

P

porcinepirate

Got the first butt (shoulder) smoked yesterday using the nuclear powered master cylinder

mc-smoking.jpg

the pulled pork came out very good (thank you all who answered questions or gave advice on the build and cooking techniques). I brined it then somked it for about 9 hrs. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of the pulled pork by it self (had people over for the game, and did not stop to take pictures).

However tonight with left over pulled pork make some pulled pork pasta. it came out pretty good. Might do chili wednesday.

pulled-pork-pasta.jpg

That looks like a good meal to me.

i got left over pulled pork, what did you use for the sauce? just some red? BTW looks awesome, thats why i ask :wink:

i got left over pulled pork, what did you use for the sauce? just some red? BTW looks awesome, thats why i ask :wink:

some sweet red/yellow pepper and onions, browned to caramelize them. put the meat in to cook with the peppers/onions. Then some garlic at the end to cook but not burn. spices like salt, pepper, basil and some mix of spices with red peppers. then I used some jar spaghetti sauce, and added some red wine and cooked down.

Had great smoked pork flavor plus the sweetness from the peppers, and a little heat from the red peppers.

That's it!
Now you made me hungry for making Tagliatelle con Pulled Pork pt.2!
Thanks Pirate!

Back