Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Garry Maddox BBQ Philadelphia, PA

Rhapsody in Blue Smoke will be there. It's a great event, but nothing like a KCBS contest, so my advice to first timers for this one is to just have fun. Take lots of pictures next to the ballpark, cook alot of food, share with the other teams and have fun. Stop by and say hey if I don't get to you first. Some of the bigger more serious teams get really frustrated here, and others think its a blast and don't miss it. Be like the latter, its a great time.

I'll be there, hope Fay isn't. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

[. Some of the bigger more serious teams get really frustrated here, and others think its a blast and don't miss it. Be like the latter, its a great time.[/quote]

What could they get frustrated about?

Seinfeld mod
Who are these bigger, more serious teams and why are they frustrated?

jon, you've been there. When I say bigger, I mean the well traveled kcbs teams. Its gotten better but alot of people have had issues about judging and procedures. Last year they did that " 2 highest scores at the table move on" type thing. I am not a fan of this type of judging at all. I don't know how they will be doing it this year, but they are only doing one round, which should really make things interesting because before no one knew there scores after one round. Again, go in with the idea to have fun and you will have a great time.

weather is calling for 86 and mostly sunny. Hopefully that holds true.

Judging in KCBS is terrible also, no worries about judging, you never expect quality. I am only shocked if the judging is good, not poor. I always have a great time, I am landing at 10 am in philly from Nashville, TN and meeting my team at the comp. I just hope one of us stays sober enough to drive home.

jon, you've been there. When I say bigger, I mean the well traveled kcbs teams.

Ant, I'm trying to remember if any of those guys have been there and I'm drawing a blank. It seems like it's the usual gang every year, with a few new faces. It's usually the same weekend as Bel Air, or New Holland as is the case this year, and the KCBS teams go there. I prefer to do this one because I like the one day event for a change of pace ,the atmosphere is really cool, and it's for a great cause. Did I mention that the grand prize is cool too? :wink:

I'm gonna borrow some hairspray from a cheerleader and use it to light my gas grill to heat water to boil my ribs.

if you want to get in this one, call asap. Last I heard they had 39 teams and that was the number from last year and they are capping it at that. If you have your money I am sure they will at least listen to you, because money talks afterall. The grand prize is really cool, but before Jon won it last year, I don't know if an amatuer EVER won it. And the one day thing is really sweet, I kinda wish that teams stayed around after awards, that would be pretty cool.

Back