I'm back!

C

Chavo27

I'm back! I ended up getting Bells Palsy December 4th and and it slowed all of my plans down. Anyways I just bought a 55 gallon drum today but I'm already running into problems. I've been buring wood in it for almost 11hours now and I can't get all the paint off the bottom. What's the secret? I'll post a picture of what I'm talking about so maybe you can better understand.

I can't use the "search" feature so I can't search for my old post. There was a really good thread I was posting in awhile back about the UDS. Maybe someone could help me locate the thread?

Also I'm trying to burn all the paint off the outside so I can paint my drum to keep it from rusting on the outside.. Also it'll make it look a little more appealing..

Mod edit: Up righted the photo to keep all from puking! LOL

Attachments

• 0409091758.jpg
    0409091758.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have had a couple stiff drinks and looking at your post has about made me puck. But just remember a weed burner is your friend.:tongue:
Dave

Welcome back home.

If you go down to the bottom left of the page you will see a google search for the Brethren site which you have access to. :biggrin:

I didn't think I was doing that bad of a job?
Well I have had a couple stiff drinks and looking at your post has about made me puck. But just remember a weed burner is your friend.:tongue:
Dave

Chavo27- most of the drum corp put their intake holes in prior to a burn, this gives more low end heat. Also we have gone so far as to roll the barrel on its side with a good fire going(best done on gravel or dirt). I have to agree tho that the weedburner is the tool of choice!! My neighbor did his by rolling it above a good fire in a firepit. This was probably the best as we consumed alot of beer watching this.

I still can't fine what I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out how big the holes need to be and where at. Can someone search my posts and find my threads from back in January... I have a 3/4 drill bit and I'd like to get the holes drill and the drum painted today..

I searched your old threads and it looks like the one you are talking about probably is in the thread that is already posted above. I say that because I looked though the other ones and didn't find it. Even if not, though the info you are looking for will be held within there.

Back