• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal (Merged)

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Royal Spots (Merged)

We found out today that we'll be in spot 979 in Lot B. That's right in the middle of most of the Invitational guys. We're across from Fast Eddy.

http://www.americanroyal.com/portals/0/07Barbecuemap.pdf

The only reason I found out was because they had to call me about a placement issue. They didn't have the size we ordered, so they had to talk to us about what was left. I think packets come out in about a month.

Pretty happy with the placement. What luck!

Since we have cooked the Royal we have never been on the Invitational side...We are in the north lot...About a 8 minute walk but which one of us couldnt use a litte exercise:p Todd make sure you lock the potty even with it away from everyone and all your stuff in front of it trust me they will find a way to get in:mad:

quick note being in the north lot is not bad at all because not alot of people are walking by

We will be by Friday evening to visit everyone if nothing else, but to keep Mark from whippin McMillen's arse. Or maybe we will just turn him loose and sell tickets.:cool: :cool: :cool:

I hope not. Is it ? I was between 2 generator last year and it sucked !

I know, I should of put a ;) in there. It looks like you have team sites on both sides of you so you should be OK.

I was down in 949 last year. You should be good over there Steve. It was all teams, without bands too.

I'll be down in 919 this year.

Heehee!!!

Be sure to talk to Andy (HoDeDo), too. KCK.com is a Pit dealer. They'll have pits onsite and you may be able to rent or borrow one.

I can talk to Bobby - there are a couple of cookers that may or may not work for you. He has a double walled "King Gator" that should work.

oddly, the closest thing to your BWS would be our home made "Frankenstein". It is a proofing oven with a gravity fed firebox mounted to it. Can be used with a Guru if you like. Let me know what your needs are, and I'll find out what isn't already ear-marked for use.

why dont you just win the invitational, then you will have your very own Kingfisher to cook on for the open :cool:

We ended up in spot 252 right next to an area where they have a big band and party. Well it is the Dark side of the Moon I guess.

I resemble that remark! Except for the fact that we are waaaay out in Spot 492 (Corner of Party Angle West and Savory Way) Our spot is the G+H.

I resemble that remark! Except for the fact that we are waaaay out in Spot 492 (Corner of Party Angle West and Savory Way) Our spot is the G+H.

You'll be first on my dance card. :rolleyes: Make that last.

please do let me know what you can do
or we just blow off the open and its a non issue. I am a little concerned about where we end up relying on borrowed gear although they have made it work the few times we have done it before

I am sure if there is a grill of any sort to be won, I will do follow our regular pattern...tanking big time!!
thanks for the help
nancee

I can talk to Bobby - there are a couple of cookers that may or may not work for you. He has a double walled "King Gator" that should work.

oddly, the closest thing to your BWS would be our home made "Frankenstein". It is a proofing oven with a gravity fed firebox mounted to it. Can be used with a Guru if you like. Let me know what your needs are, and I'll find out what isn't already ear-marked for use.

why dont you just win the invitational, then you will have your very own Kingfisher to cook on for the open :cool:

We're in 484 again this year, over in the bbq ghetto. It's where we feel comfortable.

We're on Rum Runner Road, between Party Angle West and The KCBS Way - 416 Rum Runner Road. Captain Morgan will probably make an appearance.

Just got my packet today, was unsure if we'd have the same spot as last year cause we doubled up.

Anyway. We are Booth 484. On the dark side baby!

you're near us. we're on Party Angle West up against the fence. i like the fence cause you only have the side to side nieghbors.

Captain Morgan made an appearance last night and my head hurts.

who's going to the k.c. royal in oct ?

Is it too early to start a thread on who's going to the american royal in oct? maybe state who and if competing (comp) or spectator (spec).

Irrad8 - spec. hopefully fri thru sun

No, this is late! I started mine in '05 in farkin JUNE I think. :lol: I still catch chit occasionally for that! :lol:

Question regarding additional supplies/materials for the Royal compared to other events ... other than fencing and a lock for the port a pot, what other supplies/materials come in handy/needed at the Royal?

Question regarding additional supplies/materials for the Royal compared to other events ... other than fencing and a lock for the port a pot, what other supplies/materials come in handy/needed at the Royal?

I know that we are going to bring a marine cooler or two full of ice. A friend of mine has a couple of fast food restaurants and he lets us fill up on ice for contests.

When it comes to sponsors, someone with an ice machine is one of the best and easiest you can get. Cheap sponsorship for them and you save a ton on ice over the contest season.

Back