Cookin' with the Lang 60 for the last time....

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The cooker (named the Damsel) has been cleaned and seasoned for the last time.

Before handing her off.... am tackling an old nemesis... brisket.

Here's why... way back before getting my first Lang... was cutting my teeth in the Brethren using my Bandera clone (BSKD) and was going thru the brisket learning curves... and was getting closer each time. One day... nailed the color, tenderness, and texture... woohoo! Ran back into the house to grab my platter and utensils... went out and fell down wooden steps in the back yard... cracking 3 ribs slammed into the stair tiers. So there I was... flat on my back... seeing stars... struggling for breaths... still thinking about that brisket. Wrapped the brisket and took aspirins/tylenol. Wound up walking around with burnt ends and cracked ribs passing out samples among the neighborhood.

So tonite, will resume... with a packer, a butt, and award winning rubs from a brother in Wisconsin. :wink:

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

The sky is clear, the air temp is a balmy 35*, the Damsel is hot and ready @ 225*... loaded the trimmed and rubbed meat @ 11:00 Tuesday nite.

Will have a Habanero surprise for you tomorrow. Only time will tell the rest of the story....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: B3
know how you feel. i was making homemade truffles from ganache and i frigidy fracked up my leg walking to my car. broke it in 4 spots torsion style. haha

I really hope those rubs are to your liking Bob.
We used both rubs in Montello this year, 7th brisket and 3rd pork.
That brisket rub won us 1st in Warrens in September. Gotten a brisket call at every comp we've done with that rub.

What did you think of the smell of the pork rub? Different, ain't it?

Looks like a great start! Whoever's getting that Lang is a lucky dude.

Pron update

9 1/2 hours in: Brisket is at 170 - butt is nearing 200.

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

I really hope those rubs are to your liking Bob.
We used both rubs in Montello this year, 7th brisket and 3rd pork.
That brisket rub won us 1st in Warrens in September. Gotten a brisket call at every comp we've done with that rub.

What did you think of the smell of the pork rub? Different, ain't it?

Definitely a few familiar scents right out of bag... will see how it melds during the cook... hope I can give it the proper glove love.

Looks like a great start! Whoever's getting that Lang is a lucky dude.

Hey Bo: Can you keep a secret? So can I. :nono::hand::becky:

Dang those look great! Nice job :clap2: I have a Lang 60D, wish I had the pull out shelves, but it just gives me a reason to tweak and buy another one in a few years!!

The habanero twist....

Presenting to the Brethren... Habanero Bacon Candy of Death ! (ECHO, Echo, echo). :shock::shock::shock:

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0348.jpg

Brisket and butts look great too!!! Gott'a love that Lang bark!

That Q and the HDD bacon looks incredible! Very nice!

Back