MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
grillfella
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Hot Links for vending

Hey folks, I was thinking of adding Hot links for my next Vend next week. A couple of questions is it profitable? do I just sell the link with bbq sauce? Bun or no bun? Does turkey links sell better then regular beef or pork links? My competition is a small senior group selling nachos (cheese from a can) regular hot dogs which they are selling for $2.00. Last vend they ran out before the event was over. Keep in mind we only have 3hrs to vend on a thursday night, the crowd is mixed but a lot of families do show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
grillfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillfella View Post
Hey folks, I was thinking of adding Hot links for my next Vend next week. A couple of questions is it profitable? do I just sell the link with bbq sauce? Bun or no bun? Does turkey links sell better then regular beef or pork links? My competition is a small senior group selling nachos (cheese from a can) regular hot dogs which they are selling for $2.00. Last vend they ran out before the event was over. Keep in mind we only have 3hrs to vend on a thursday night, the crowd is mixed but a lot of families do show up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profitable yes. In a bun with sauce, yes. Buuuuut, hot links do not go as well as dogs here locally, due to the spiciness factor for families with kids(Too spicy, not spicy enough, pork, beef, etc).

Can you do a big dog? 4 to 1 size? Run the old folks out of business (lol).
Old 08-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Bushwacker
is one Smokin' Farker

Personally,From past expericence doing fair and church carnivals I'd go with Italian sausage , and if you can do it, offer Peppers & Onions for a topping. For some reason people like the sausage and peppers on a Bun, we used to have a lot of venders want to come on our show with that. But we would limit it to 2 venders only.Hope this helps ya out.
UDS (Under Construction)
Bushwacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
grillfella
is one Smokin' Farker

thanks fellas
Old 08-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
grillfella
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Rocke View Post
Profitable yes. In a bun with sauce, yes. Buuuuut, hot links do not go as well as dogs here locally, due to the spiciness factor for families with kids(Too spicy, not spicy enough, pork, beef, etc).

Can you do a big dog? 4 to 1 size? Run the old folks out of business (lol).
I wish they have been selling at that spot for years we both sold out last time
Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

in addition to the sandwiches, slice them up and serve along side brisket, ribs, or chicken.