• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pig candy

vhram

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Man , I finally tried some . It was gone so fast . I didnt have time to get pics. :clap2:

Fill me in please --- I am dumb--What is pig candy?

It's bacon candy. It is wonderful stuff for your taste buds :-D, not so much for your arteries :roll:. I made some yesterday for a birthday party. Actually thought I made too much, turns out I probably could have made twice as much, and still would have ran out. This is the recipe I used.

http://www.patiodaddiobbq.com/2010/11/pig-candy.html

Thanks Patio Daddio... This stuff is seriously good!

Yeah.....I've made it a couple of times now. I take pictures of EVERYTHING....still have no pics of my pig candy.:laugh:

Sticky fingers, sticky teeth, happy Wampus!!!:thumb:

Mmmeat puts ginger in his, I tried that today and it was fantastic. Also used chipotle chili powder instead of cayenne. I've been using the Patio Daddio recipe as my base as well. One thing is for sure - everybody loves that stuff - a lot.

Pig candy goes really well with vinegar pie. Both can be made on the cooker too.

VINEGAR PIE
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. butter
1 c. cold water
3 tbsp. flour
4 tbsp. vinegar
Sprinkle of cinnamon
1 unbaked pie shell

Mix sugar and salt with softened butter. Add eggs and blend well. Make a smooth paste of the flour and a little of the water. add to sugar mixture with vinegar and remaining water. Pour filling into the unbaked pie crust and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Bake at 425 degrees until edge of crust is golden brown, then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until silver knife blade inserted in filling comes out clean. Makes 6 servings.

We've made it for competitions and didn't worry about turning down the temp. Just need to make sure you experiment with it a little to get it right.

Back