Sausage Showdown 2009

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you're in the area of SW/Central Ohio, or within driving distance...

On April 19th, I'll be hosting the Sausage Showdown 2009.

Cincinnati has a sausage maker, Kroeger & Sons, that make over 35 varieties of sausage. I'll be getting 32 varieties, for a head to head battle. The sausages will be split into brackets, and pairs will go head to head. The winners of each head to head will go to the next round, for 5 total rounds!

The cost will be $10 for each person. PM me if you're interested, as I need to get a count ASAP. The event will be held at Caesars Creek State Park in SW Ohio.

2170308300_6d9d3ae802_b.jpg

2169511467_520bccf5c5_b.jpg

2169484863_f611e09d71_b.jpg

Last edited:
That's only a small part of the market... it's much bigger, but that's the sausage counter from which the showdown sausage will be purchased.

To clarify...

The showdown is to taste sausage, not to make it. I will be grilling the sausage, and the people there will be eating it and scoring it.

Holy crap ! :eek:

What a nice selection of sausage.

And i thought I was in sausage country :icon_smil

I´d give my left nut to be there.

DM

there goes my tax return.....i gotta go see that place.

Come to the Sausage Showdown, and you get to try most of them.

It's a drive, but you can go to Findlay Market around noon, then head up a bit farther for the Sausage Showdown to try most of them, and still get home by night time.

WOW!! I'd give my right one to go there. What a farking selection. Looks like it's gonna be a great time. Please take some pron.

Cincinnati has always been known as PORKOPULUS (spelling) The Pork Capital The slauter houses and the boats, trains, trucks, wagons, herders, all bring in the pigs coming into Cincinnati.

Holy crap ! :eek:

What a nice selection of sausage.

And i thought I was in sausage country :icon_smil

I´d give my left nut to be there.

DM

Curt what am I doing if I come???/ Are you needing cookers ? Dont understand but then too I have been drinking today and yesterday and the day before had large cook and 3 partys Sunday to cook and cater and 1 yesterday for Opening Day with the Reds. you say grilling them do you need large grill i have just re made the old scout grill which we used for years a the festeval for the brats metts hotdogs and hamburgers???????? What part of CC are you going to be at. Love that area
What times are you looking at for that it is a Sunday????
Or are you looking at smoking them????????????

Bob, I just hope locals start responding about coming!

tell you what, if i had the time to go there right now, i would spend my whole paycheck on that stuff, really looks good. w:pish we had something like that here in missouri

This is only 1 of many sausage makers in Cincinnati. Avril & Bieh, Bender meats, Eckerlins, Gerths, Langen, Mackies, stehlins, Wasslers, some dating back to the 1800's They all have very good passed down from generation to generation.

tell you what, if i had the time to go there right now, i would spend my whole paycheck on that stuff, really looks good. w:pish we had something like that here in missouri

Roger, if you came, you'd pay your $10 and join in. :) Or if you wanted to help cook, you could do that. The $10 is just to pay for the sausage.

That place is worth planning in on a vacation... Just the sausages pictured sound (and look) awesome.

You're reading part of how I'm promoting.

I haven't decided exactly where yet, but most likely the south end, past the dam. There's a great area down there with a shelter.

Back