-> BBQ Brethren "One Dish Wonders" (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

I have to correct my last post...
That was caseydog's cook. Excellent!
I agree with Moose, that it was an excellent cook of higher caliber.

Dang... Now we gotta pick which one is Mongo's old knee joint!

edit_preview.php

Whichever one it is... I'm sure it was delicious!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

Lit chimney just put on Dragona and waiting for her to get up to temp.

Thinking out loud, here: it's a soup and I'm smoking a small beef blade roast to tear apart later. I need 4 litres (one gallon) of stock, only have 3 litres. Since it's a soup a crust on the beef isn't necessary so I put the meat and a litre of water in a roasting pan to catch the drippings/flavour as it cooks. I think it should give me the last litre of "stock" I need with deglazing. I do have no salt bouillon cubes to 'beef' up the flavour if necessary. I'm thinking because I'm using water in the pan that the drippings shouldn't burn to heck (like they do when I smoke meat on the rack with a drip tray below). Makes sense to me but we'll see what happens. First time braising in a smoker. If the pan juices get too dark I can use bouillon cubes and fresh water to make up that last litre of stock.

Lit chimney just put on Dragona and waiting for her to get up to temp.

Thinking out loud, here: it's a soup and I'm smoking a small beef blade roast to tear apart later. I need 4 litres (one gallon) of stock, only have 3 litres. Since it's a soup a crust on the beef isn't necessary so I put the meat and a litre of water in a roasting pan to catch the drippings/flavour as it cooks. I think it should give me the last litre of "stock" I need with deglazing. I do have no salt bouillon cubes to 'beef' up the flavour if necessary. I'm thinking because I'm using water in the pan that the drippings shouldn't burn to heck (like they do when I smoke meat on the rack with a drip tray below). Makes sense to me but we'll see what happens. First time braising in a smoker. If the pan juices get too dark I can use bouillon cubes and fresh water to make up that last litre of stock.

:pop2::pop2::pop2:

Um, we're supposed to PM that Deguerre guy for specifics on whether our one pot dish conforms. Good luck, I hear his inbox is usually stuffed or something like that.

Well, I said feel free to PM me. Didn't say anything about the PMs actually getting delivered...:wink::becky:

4th of July Pot Roasted Leg Of Lamb

Here 'tis. O'fittal TD entry. American raised 7.4 lb bone in leg of lamb, center cut, with baby Yukon gold taters, carrots, onion and fresh rosemary and thyme. Added a little beef stock during the cook. Started the kettle out at 225 for smoke and let it gradually increase in temp until it reached 300 after 2 1/2 hours with an IT of 135 when it was pulled, foiled and rested. We haven't made plates yet, but I liked the "one dish" shots so much that I've already got my money shot. Used apple wood chunks over Kingsford Comp.

lamb1_zps7d841982.jpg

lamb_zpsff0c62fc.jpg

On the kettle

lamb5_zpse29f8deb.jpg

lamb4_zpsa0b73ba0.jpg

Pulled to rest

lamb2_zps1e3fc0e3.jpg

I'd like to use the below pic for the TD entry...

lamb3_zps90140c10.jpg

I've got four hours to edit in the plated pics so I may change my mind on the Entry shot later...

OK! Plated pics

plate_zpsf32b377c.jpg

plate1_zps760274d0.jpg

Last edited:
Guerry had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb, Guerrry had a little lamb its meat was good as gold. :becky:

picture.php

CD

picture.php

Guerry, you might want to reconsider this as your entry shot...just my $.01...

:wink:

Back