MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Stacks
On the road to being a farker

Default concession trailer. Too good to be true?

Hi everyone,
I've been looking for a concession trailer to make a bit of side income. Today I came across this on the Little Rock Craigslist http://littlerock.craigslist.org/tid/2803251863.html
The price is unbelievable to me, but what do I know so I email the guy to ask for more pictures. Here is his reply.

Hi
Please apologize me for my delayed reply. Let me tell you a few words about the trailer. It`s a 2007 Homem Spcon concession food trailer in EXCELLENT condition. This concession trailer come with all accessories.
This is a great opportunity for anyone to enter the lucrative food service industry, absolutely no disappointments with this trailer.
I must say that is a very reluctant sale because I'm going through a divorce right now, and I'm in a time crunch, which forces me to sell it under market value. This turns out to be a financial disaster for me. Anyone who went through a divorce knows exactly what I'm talking about! Therefore, the price is $2,750, with all the delivery and handling costs included.
Because of my work i`m not able to meet you in person ( I'm a petroleum engineer and I'm currently located on an oil rig ). The transaction will be managed by Google Checkout ( www.GoogleCheckout.com ) which means that will send the money to Google Checkout and then you will have 5 days to inspect and verify the trailer before Google Checkout will forward the money to my account. Basically, it's similar to buying a camper locally, first the payment will be sent to Google Checkout custody, and they will keep the money until you will receive and inspect the camper.
The trailer is located in Delaware but so i can enlarge my perspectives and reach more buyers, i listed it on numerous states.
It will arrive at your address in 3 to 5 days, depending on weather and traffic.
If you're still interested and you would like to go over the transaction steps email me back ASAP, time is of the essence, and I have to decide.
Hope to hear from you soon,

P.S. for pictures please visit: http://s1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/trailer1231/

I look at the pics and WOW!! My gut say's scam but part of me wants this to be true. Incidently, I checked the Delaware Craigslist and the trailer is not listed. Hmmm
I've emailed him back for some more information but I really wanted to get some advice from the Brothers in Smoke before I commit.
Thanks
SAUCED HOG BBQ / KCBS CBJ #60733
Stacks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Looks good, but it screams scam to me. How are they going to deliver the trailer to you if they are on an oil rig?
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/yesdearbbq"]Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook[/URL]
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and [URL="https://www.atlantabbqstore.com/"]The Atlanta BBQ store[/URL]
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
that's hot

all kinds of red flags jmho.

M

char griller & side firebox
weber 22.5 kettle
custom built brute
UDS
super fast Cheetah Thermapen
that's hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
bones64
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This is a scam!
bones64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Stacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpw View Post
Looks good, but it screams scam to me. How are they going to deliver the trailer to you if they are on an oil rig?
One of my many questions back to him
Old 01-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
parrdist
Full Fledged Farker

Run away!!!!!! Faster run!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

Typical SCAM. Run away hot and fast, not low and slow.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #8
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

old scamp been at it for a few years

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
Chucktown

When we we're looking for our competition trailer last year I came across an ad just like yours on craigslist. In fact, the response I got is almost word for word. Low price, can't meet face to face, quick sale, etc. It's a total scam unfortunately.
cbj#29724
Big Chain BBQ Gang
Chucktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
chromestacks
Full Fledged Farker

way too good to be true, look at the broken english, that should scream volumes to you
!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Stacks

I agree with EVERY reply. My spidey senses were tingling One of those "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" kind of deals. I sent him a series of questions regarding the clandetine way he wants this transaction to go down. I'm looking forward to the response.
Mike
Old 01-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #12
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

RUN!!! Don't look back!

here's a Google search for '2007 Homem Spcon Concession Food Trailer'

https://www.google.com/search?q=2007...6&bih=735&bs=1

Interesting reading

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

scam - similar note when i responded to add in atlanta (i'm in boston area) for a corvette so i replied back i was going to be in Atlanta on biz the next day and could i come check it out...and lo and behold never heard from them again.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #14
Big_Alvin
Full Fledged Farker

just a word of caution. i just tried to look at the pix he supplied in photo bucket link and instant virus alert notification popped up. thank goodness for my virus protection.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #15
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

SCAM......

there was one posted here abt a year ago.... I saw the flags but "played" the game for a bit.... it was supposedly in south FL.... I told him I was heading that way the next week and would love to come by and look at it, and bring the cash.... well, to make a long story short, he never answered my email....

I then started to look at other larger cities and guess what, it was posted all across the good old USA..... wonder how many fell for it.... not me, I saw through it....

Hope you have ran faster than Forrest......
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote