Cupcake Chicken Question

T

topchefvt52

Thought I'd give C.C. a try tonight. Could have sworn AI saw a recent recipe post but not finding it.

Think I saw that Parkay is used to grease the cups and then trimmed thighs follow. My question is:
what cook temp?
do the thighs stay in the cups until just firm and then transferred out till fully done?

Thanks

Thanks for the link...I recall reading Big Pigs fabulous write-up a few weeks ago...forgot to bookmark it.

DSC09970a.jpg

I did an experiment on my last batch of Cup Cake Pan Chicken, trying to determine if I liked them skin-up or skin-down in the pans. When they were removed from the pan, I finished cooking them on a raised grate direct at 375°. (The ones on the left were skin-up in the pan)

DSC09978cu.jpg

I have an on going article which is called the Quest For The Perfect Thigh. The article is from a backyard cooks point of view, but I have incorporated many professional tips from The Jumpin' Jim method, The Pickled Pig method, and the latest addition is the Myron Mixon Cupcake Pan method, and some advice from a bunch of other folks. All the details can be found HERE.

Great information. My family loves crispy skin so I usually just grill chicken. I don't do any comps so I've never worried about it but I may have to try this. As Thirdeye's post points out it's a real calorie reducing method as well.

Thanks Wayne. I just added your site to my favorites! I have been craving chicken and man it looks like you have it down to a science. Thank you for the post. Vince

Back