I decided to dub them "Shigen".

Just a quick update, had someone make some Shigen on an offset this last weekend dialed in at 230. Said the bacon was on the chewy side w/out hardly any crisp after he had them on for an hour. It's looking like 240-250 is going to be the best range. I did a vid on these for those who are severely bored and want to kill time. here

YUM!! Got to try these!

I picked up this tip from a Chinese food cookbook -- add an egg white to your shrimp in the bowl with seasonings (doesn't really have to be a marinade). The egg white holds moisture in the shimp.

Just a quick update, had someone make some Shigen on an offset this last weekend dialed in at 230. Said the bacon was on the chewy side w/out hardly any crisp after he had them on for an hour. It's looking like 240-250 is going to be the best range. I did a vid on these for those who are severely bored and want to kill time. here

I must admit that I was a little skeptical that those three different types of meat would finish at the same time, especially the bacon, but seeing is believing. Very nice video. :-D

Those look like a huge hit! Very creative and this could be a knockout appetizer.

Wait....wasn't "shigging" Tuffy Stone's term for stealing an idea from another cooker. So if someone copies this are they shigging shigen? Just askin' :twisted::p:-D

We had a great party at the lake Sat. nite. We smoked and grilled salmon, pollack, haddock, ABT's, sausage, ribs and a whole ton of sides but these Shigens were the hit of the party. I only did four pounds worth but only cause that was all the shrimp I had.

We had a great party at the lake Sat. nite. We smoked and grilled salmon, pollack, haddock, ABT's, sausage, ribs and a whole ton of sides but these Shigens were the hit of the party. I only did four pounds worth but only cause that was all the shrimp I had.

That is awesome to hear! I believe we are looking at the rise of the Shigen! :shock: :thumb:

hey
BigButzBBQ

what do you got that lets you cook the small pieces on the grill looks like some kinda of mat lol

hey
BigButzBBQ

what do you got that lets you cook the small pieces on the grill looks like some kinda of mat lol

Why it's a Frogmat! :becky: They can only be used for indirect cooking. You can find out more at http://www.frogmats.com/

As far as Shigen go though, they are big enough to cook on a normal grill grate if you want/need to.

Recipe scares me. People tend to overcook the hell out of shrimp. Mine just hit the grill 2-3 minutes on each side. leaving shrimp on there till the chicken, which is insulated by the shrimp on the inside, to get done, and waiting for bacon to get crispy is screaming for soggy bacon, overcooked shrimp, and undercooked chicken.

Would have to be extremely skillfully executed, and by the looks of your pron. you seem to have pulled it off. As long as the shrimp dont feel like erasers in your mouth

Back