• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Official Stickburner Thread

I think they are all too busy tending their fire, to worry about making new threads.

30709843_1730023137092216_6965017579089821696_n.jpg

People still own stick burners? Start it and let's see what happens...i still have one and i still use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I vote to start it. I’d change the title obviously though. I visit the pit barrel cooker and drum smoker threads all the time and actually contribute to the pellet smoker thread. I like to learn about different smokers.

Stick burners. That will never work. These days it’s all about the pellets.

On a serious note I would cruise the stick burner thread a lot. I’m hoping one day to pick up a Jambo backyard or LSG.

I will find the thread an interesting read since I have so much free time on my hands cooking on my LSG IVC and sipping vodka. :)

The forum is about everything which is awesome. I just thought it might be cool to start a thread focused on cooking with a stickburner. Seems to me like it's all about the pellet poopers lately.

Start it. You will get plenty of participation

The forum is about everything which is awesome. I just thought it might be cool to start a thread focused on cooking with a stickburner. Seems to me like it's all about the pellet poopers lately.
And power outages and controller or auger failures. Wood and charcoal burning is still the norm where there aren't burn bans, but those people who are affected by them need a way to get their fix.

I guess this as good a place as any to ask: where do y’all get your splits?

I’ve got a COS that I’d like to start toying around with. I know meathead says just use charcoal in it, but what fun is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I typically buy mine from firewood suppliers that actually sell seasoned wood....many around here try to pass off green wood as seasoned. If your COS is small enough you can run it with charcoal then itll probably use fairly small splits....at least not fireplace sized. You may be able to buy the bags of logs from the hardware store and hand split them down to the thickness you're after. All the bagged wood is kiln dried so you shouldnt have to worry about smoldering issues due to being too green. But bagged wood is a very "fiscally inefficient" way to buy wood as well.

We go to woodyard in KC to get pecan and it's also a crap shoot if it's seasoned or not. Since it's a clearing house they only know how long they've had the wood.

Back