MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:41 PM   #1
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Default Texas Monthly BBQ Fest

Went to the Texas Monthly BBQ Fest in Austin today. Hands were always full with something so I did not really get any pictures. But it was lots of fun. 30 of the Texas top 50 were there handing out samples. Mostly brisket with sausage or brisket with a side sample like creamed corn. Some like Valentina's and Micklethwait were doing barbacoa tacos. I saw a couple people eating ribs, but dont know were they came from and I never saw any handed out. Its all-you-can-sample for 4 hours. I got full quick and did not get to hit as many spot as I had hoped or thought I would. I was stuffed in under 2 hours. Lines were pretty long, but moved quick. Some of the popular places had longer lines and I have already been to the restaurants, so I mostly went for shorter lines at places I have never been.

Winners: Evie Mae's & La Barbecue

Dissapointed: Cattleback & Coopers.

Really cool and I would go again next year. Strange that Aaron Franklin and Franklin BBQ was not there. I know he had some little private even at his restaurant the day before. But had nothing to do with the actual public festival. Not sure if he's burned out with the whole BBQ thing or what. Just odd that he was not there, not even an employee run booth. 83 year old Tootsie Tomanetz was there hustling, cutting samples and doing photos. I saw Sunny Moberg walking around. Did not see Daniel Vaughn. Im sure he probably was there somewhere...

Last edited by Rockinar; 11-04-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 11-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
Kade
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Kade

I’m fortunate enough to live down the street from Evie Maes. Probably the best I’ve had.
Kade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #3
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
I’m fortunate enough to live down the street from Evie Maes. Probably the best I’ve had.
Yeah, their green chile cheese sausage is my favorite of any place I have tried.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:38 AM   #4
AbbyBarnes
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Abby

Ohhh so sad I missed this, I must go there the next time!
AbbyBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:13 AM   #5
Maggie Fields
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Maggie666

Wow..Would like to visit such place!
Maggie Fields is offline   Reply With Quote