Food truck race

I just happen to catch it starting up as I was switching around Sunday. I like the idea and concept better then bbq pitmasters. The person that makes the least amount of money goes home.

They start you off with $500. They give you the city to go to and the rest is up to you. You have to use your money for food and whatever else you want. Some used it to get space at a festival figuring they would sell more and make more. Some just bought food and sold outside a good area.

Whoever comes up with good ideas to sell the most stays. They ones that bomb and don't make money go home.

It's not how well you can cook catfish or make coleslaw. It's all about how well you can do at the thing you do the best.

I like the show and will have my dvr set for it.

Here is the website

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-grea...Google&c3=Food_Network&c4=food channel&c5=SEM

I forgot to watch it but I'll be tuning in. Cant be worse than bbq pitmasters :bow:

I watched the show and it was quite interesting.

I've seen a couple of those trucks in my town doing their thing and they usually have a nice crowd of people around them. The trucks themselves look very nice and clean.
It's refreshing to see these nice trucks (you can track some of them on the internet) 'competing' amongst dozens of taco trucks in the immediate area. But if you want the best tacos you go to these trucks...

I was looking forward to this show for awhile now. Unfortunately, It
was done in typical TV/Food Network fashion and geared for the masses.
Guess that's what brings in the Ad bucks. I am more interested in the inside workings, equipment ect... But, they seemed to highlight more
of the quirky personalities. I'll give it a little more time, hopefully it
gets better.
MB:heh:

Not to be contrary, but since the Cooking channel came online, its goodbye food contest shows.
I like cooking shows.

I thought it was entertaining. I too would have liked to seen a little more about the trucks themselves(and hopefully we will), but it was watchable. The good news is that we only have three more sundays without football.:clap:

I liked it, and even though Tyler bugs me I will keep watching. I thought it was odd that the pudding team didn't think to make sure that their propane was full before heading to the event. If the person responsible was an employee, they'd be looking for work if I was in charge.

The crepe girl on the show is kinda cute, just sayin
icon10.gif

I liked it, and even though Tyler bugs me I will keep watching. I thought it was odd that the pudding team didn't think to make sure that their propane was full before heading to the event. If the person responsible was an employee, they'd be looking for work if I was in charge.

The crepe girl on the show is kinda cute, just sayin
icon10.gif

That's exatly what I was thinking. My first thought when I leave work every friday is do I have enough propane for the weekend. How do you audition for a show, get on it and then not even think to check the tank?

Looks interesting. They are replaying the 1st episode several times this week. I will have to set the DVR.

Back