MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John
Default American Bass Anglers- BBQ Cook-off: Lake Lanier, Gainesville, GA March 12th-13th

Our first comp. this year (and first as Sirporkalot BBQ Team - Rookie season - only have done backyard before this year), received our confirmation package, and are looking forward to this one.

Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

So far it looks like

New South BBQ
H and H
Tnt Southern Smokers
Big Green Eggs and Ham
Jus-Fer-Fun
Sir Pork-a-lot

and bunch of teams that I dont know of right now..but seems I have seen those folks mention they will be coming.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Gold Rush Smokers
Cooldad Q
Do Rag Q
E M Amazing

I think that the Mobil contest drew the big travel teams, the FBA guys are all in Claremont and the MBN teams are in Jackson, which I didnt know that there was a contest in jackson this weekend.

Looks like a fun weekend to meet some new people.

Any ideas on dinner friday night?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPhan View Post
So far it looks like

New South BBQ
H and H
Tnt Southern Smokers
Big Green Eggs and Ham
Jus-Fer-Fun
Sir Pork-a-lot

and bunch of teams that I dont know of right now..but seems I have seen those folks mention they will be coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPhan View Post
Gold Rush Smokers
Cooldad Q
Do Rag Q
E M Amazing

I think that the Mobil contest drew the big travel teams, the FBA guys are all in Claremont and the MBN teams are in Jackson, which I didnt know that there was a contest in jackson this weekend.

Looks like a fun weekend to meet some new people.

Any ideas on dinner friday night?
How many of these are fellow brethren?

Old 03-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
SteevieG
On the road to being a farker

Anybody have the results to post?

18.5" WSM
22.5 WSM
And a nice propane grill that gets very little use anymore...
SteevieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

KCBS has them up.

Top Chick won and Bobby Q took reserve.

I never saw Sir Pork-A-Lot this weekend and didnt see that team on the score sheet, but I think that there were some no shows.

the weather was terrible in spurts.

Turned out to be much more competitive than I expected. I was happy with the top 10 finish and top 10 in 3 of the 4 categories and my chicken turned out very spicy for some reason and I knew it wasnt scoring so not a bad weekend. Oddly enough New South finished right behind Old South in Ribs, Pork, and Overall.

Line of the weekend goes to Team Bobby-Q.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Bilgerat
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

we were there , team Big Pig, this was our fourth KSBS cookoff as pros and I was happy to finish 8th in the ribs, our brisket and chicken scored very low , I knew it would, I got very sick with the flu the day before the event and had to go to the camper and sleep, My team mates got drunk and droped the ball on getting the meat on so we had to crank the temp up to get it all done in time, with the weather, me being sick and the rushed cooking we didnt finish as well as Id liked. it was a learning experience to say the least. if we can get sponsered we are going to try to do the all ABA bass tour events.
Bilgerat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Anyone heard from Sir Pork-a-lot? he was all over this event before last weekend and has since gone awol...