THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Happy Saturday, folks!

I went freezer diving and discovered a jewel that I'd forgotten.... a rack of SRF spares... so I decided to hit it on a half 'n half format with John Henry Pecan & Apple Chipotle rubs.

je7xu2jh.jpg

5GQl2aXh.jpg

I also discovered a huge 2lb Owens Hot Sausage Chub, so I broke out some North of the Border San Miguel rub, and got that thing ready for the sauna.

jcNZWdLh.jpg

The kids played nicely in the pool.

D7r6MFrh.jpg

wyElRpBh.jpg

About 2 hours in, I decided that I liked the color on the ribs... have no apple juice... so I stole a squeezy-pack of my munchkin's apple sauce to join the ribs in the wrap.

9mOK203h.jpg

Hrmph... we're having a bumper crop of mint this summer, and I should really do something about/with it.... How about a Mint Julep! Yeah, it's not Derby Weekend... but that's still a mean beverage.

Pxp6W6Vh.jpg

I like your shenanigans. Hopefully more shenanigans at the SW bash. I should confirm Monday. I'm most likely attending. :thumb:

:shock: God Bless... with the change in schedule, I've gotta re-engage with my 8 Bosses... and see what I can work out. That weekend could be epic, now that it's more than just me and Carl or me and Allen (and his better half)...

Titch... it's still a little strange to be on "this side" of the Int'l Date Line from you... Best regards, and many thanks. These bones were outstanding.

Calabacitas:

MzRSwyQh.jpg

Ribs sliced before service:

2Dm9R0yh.jpg

Plated Shot:

mFLoBV4h.jpg

I really should've doubled the veg - we destroyed the calabacitas.. and all 2.5 wanted seconds.

Wow. It's been a while since we've had heritage breed pork - It's simply amazing.

What happened to heritage breeds of pork throughout the years!?

When did quantity > quality!? Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!?

I would gladly reduce my rib cooks per month if I could guarantee quality like this...

I'm sorry... this wasn't supposed to turn into that kind of post...

Back